Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all
it is just me or has anyone noticed how slow the forum is running it is taking ages to load a screen ? I use firefox by the way and had no problems upt o friday today it is terrible

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The internet in general can slow down noticeably when the kiddie winks are on holiday from school because of the heavy demand that they generate.
The website is running normally with no reported gltches.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi guys, thanks for the replies, I think it's the laptop playing up or should I say the software had a play with it when I got home from work
apparently there has been a update on avast and it has decided some of the fire fox addons are not compatable anymore,
going to try reconfiguring it in morning , so if I disappear for a few days it's gone pear shaped and I will have had to reload it,

funnily enough only the proactive streaming sites are slow PC and my poker site are very slow but emails and e-bay are fine.it is something to do with page reloading I think

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think there is deffinately something wrong with the PC website, I use the Internet extensively and I have no problems with any site other than this one, every single page I open is a chore, some have to be refreshed constantly to get them to open at all and the ones that open at first attempt take an absolute age, I am 100% certain it's the site at fault and not my broadband or whichever piece of equipment I use, I have 3 different means of browsing the net, iPad, laptop and and home pc, all are as bad but only with this site.

BP

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Problems such as having to constantly refresh the page and slow opening of content have not been reported, and using Firefox I have no problems unless someone adds a large picture which can be slow to load.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Parksy, well I found my problem even if it did take 2hrs to do,
apparently firefox had just updated to 8 whatever it is, and after installing it avast threw a wobbly on it's next update and threw up a warning notice that some components and addons were not compatable with avast so it decided without any imput from me to disable the addons (mmm nice of it) the effect of this was to stop pages refreshing automaticaly on certain sites, like my poker site that refreshes 3 times a second and on here don't know why but for some reason it is to do with the thing that stops IE 9 working properly. any way after deleting and re-installing fire fox and rolling back the last update on avast, " IT'S WORKING "

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I get that with add ons sometimes Colin, I don't use many now because when I renew my anti virus to a newer version every year there are some which no longer work and which generate false warnings and slow operation.
The most annoying thing for me is that I use Kaspersky anti-virus which I pay for because it's supposed to be good.
It does keep my computer safe, I use it because with spam on the forum which I have to check and 'dodgy members' who are not genuine I could potentially be exposing my computer to all kinds of nasties.
Every now and then though it throws a wobbly, it fails to update itself properly and I have to spend hours trying to sort it out so that my computer is still protected.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........this is a good bit of kit as recommended to me by my son who is a software designer/engineer.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I find it works well for me with no problems if used regularly clearing junk from the C drive.
If you use it on the registry be sure to use the back up function when requested!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded CC Cleaner some time ago, quite possibly after reading you recommendation on another forum Bill.
I'd agree that used carefully CC Cleaner is a great bit of free of charge software, I run it every couple of months to tidy up the hard drive.
I also use E-using Registry Cleaner every month or so,again you might have recommended this f.o.c. software a while back Bill.

If your computer is running slowly carry out some routine maintenance by emptying the recycle bin, getting rid of the chache and running the registry cleaners to remove loads of unwanted junk from your computer which slows it down considerably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts