Snap Happy Steve

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
At it again, and this weekend we are staying in a lovely pub in Worcestershire and as is my want I am taking a few snaps….

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Hadley-Bowling-Green-Inn

This weekend break was a gift to us from our niece who has been living with us for the last three years while studying yo become a nurse… she just graduated with a first class honours degree and we are so proud of her.

More photos to be added to the gallery in due course.

Steve

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We pass the Bowling Green pub regularly as it is just off the A449, but have never bothered to stop even for a look around. Probably because we are going to the hospital or just spent a fortune having cars serviced etc. LOL!

Never knew it had a camping ground attached?

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
We pass the Bowling Green pub regularly as it is just off the A449, but have never bothered to stop even for a look around. Probably because we are going to the hospital or just spent a fortune having cars serviced etc. LOL!

Never knew it had a camping ground attached?
We aren’t in the caravan this weekend sadly.

It’s a nice pub and the homemade food is great.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We aren’t in the caravan this weekend sadly.

It’s a nice pub and the homemade food is great.
Looking at the menu eye watering expensive for locals. However it does look nice and maybe one day we will venture over that way. It is less than 5 miles from our home.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Looking at the menu eye watering expensive for locals. However it does look nice and maybe one day we will venture over that way. It is less than 5 miles from our home.

You live in a lovely area - we live in the Cotswolds and are lucky to do so.
With the pace of life these days it’s good to appreciate what you live amongst.

Reactions: Buckman
Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
Wonderful. We live a mile from the Bowling Green (Bowler) in Fernhill Heath and love the fine selection of Butcombe Ales they have on offer! I can confirm that the menu is a trifle expensive as we ran up a £600 bill celebrating my wife's 60th. But I would add that there were 8 of us. Enjoy your time there.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Wonderful. We live a mile from the Bowling Green (Bowler) in Fernhill Heath and love the fine selection of Butcombe Ales they have on offer! I can confirm that the menu is a trifle expensive as we ran up a £600 bill celebrating my wife's 60th. Enjoy your time there.

Remind me not to go out drinking with you…. Lol

Going back in for dinner tonight.

Steve

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We cancelled a Sunday lunch and supper when on holiday in Northumberland as I had a dose of Covid. Whilst it didn’t stop us visiting places, meals would not have been that enjoyable, plus we didn’t want to spread the virus. So last Sunday we decided to have lunch out at a local pub which we tend to visit for special occasions. I had three courses, my wife had two, she had half a pint of Diet Coke, I had a pint of HAKA and a large Malbec. The bill came to £97 including service. For comparison our bill in a nice hotel en route to Northumberland and near to Chesterfield including breakfast was less than this Sunday lunch. We don’t eat out as much these days as prices are high, and menus often seem to be more restricted relying more on burgers, and a limited number of meat dishes.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When the two of us go our for a meal which is normally 2 beers and 2 ciders we normally budget for about £35. OH's cooking or my cooking at home are far superior to most pub meals and better value. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When the two of us go our for a meal which is normally 2 beers and 2 ciders we normally budget for about £35. OH's cooking or my cooking at home are far superior to most pub meals and better value. LOL! :ROFLMAO:
Is that £35 each as around here the beers and ciders would set you back £16+

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is that £35 each as around here the beers and ciders would set you back £16+
Generally we would pay less than £16 for the 4 drinks. Most times I have a beer and then a latte coffee. Normally a burger for myself and OH has ham & salad is our lunch.

The last time we ate out in the evening was about 10 months ago when family arrived from SA. Prior to that probably a decade or more ago. I no longer like driving at night especially with the headlights on some cars and if it is raining.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At it again, and this weekend we are staying in a lovely pub in Worcestershire and as is my want I am taking a few snaps….

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Hadley-Bowling-Green-Inn

This weekend break was a gift to us from our niece who has been living with us for the last three years while studying yo become a nurse… she just graduated with a first class honours degree and we are so proud of her.

More photos to be added to the gallery in due course.

Steve
Hi Steve Nice hear abut such as achievement and the gift she has presented to you for being there for her when needed. Hope you had a great time and enjoyed the experience.

Reactions: Steve1962
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Generally we would pay less than £16 for the 4 drinks. Most times I have a beer and then a latte coffee. Normally a burger for myself and OH has ham & salad is our lunch.

The last time we ate out in the evening was about 10 months ago when family arrived from SA. Prior to that probably a decade or more ago. I no longer like driving at night especially with the headlights on some cars and if it is raining.
We now tend to meet up with friends at breakfasts or for lunches, as age is telling on their night driving abilities. I notice that the speed of response with my eyes has slowed down but my car has LED headlights which compensates somewhat.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Back home now after a lovely weekend away - on the way home we had the pleasure on the B4077 from Tewkesbury to Stow to follow a lovely old Rolls Royce along the road - beautiful car.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts