Snowdonia site for October Half Term

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi

After recently spending a very pleasant, cottage, weekend in Snowdonia for my son's "Stag" do I was wondering about taking the 'van there for the October half term. We're teachers so we have to go during the last week in October.

Can anyone recommend a site in the Bedgellert, Llanberis, Capel Curig area. We need reasonably good access as our 'van is 7.2m long. We would like somewhere with good mountain/lake views and EHU. We like quiet sites and don't need clubs or other entertainment!

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tim,was up that way couple weeks ago when it was busy and could not get into Bala and Carnovan CC site.Got this place which is a working farm with residential homes to one side and it is quite with all services. By following the road past the CC site you go along the road at the side of the bay and its the first farm on the left , it does not look like a farm entrance as they keep it really nice. Post code LL545RN 01268678497 mob'07931659005 Mr Mrs Owen.Snowden is about 8 miles away

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
A good place to start locating sites from is www.jollyinteresting.co.uk When you find a spot that looks jolly interesting you can very often find a review of it on www.ukcampsites.co.uk A bit further away from your ideal place is Llanrwst - Bron Derw site is pretty nice.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks VM2 and Robert

I'll make a note of those site for possible future use but have decided to go the CCC Ebury Hill Site near Shrewsbury. I am a "Shropshire Lad" originally so I thought we would have a little nostalgia as we've not been down there for a while.

Thanks again

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts