Solar Panel.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there another fuse for the Solar panel. Apart from the one in the regulator and the 20am connection (in Line) to the battery. ???

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
That will all depend on whether it was fitted from new, or an aftermarket fit, then it depends on whether whoever did it fitted one! Not a lot of help I know, but its a question there isn't really a definitive answer to.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveA1
May 30, 2024
Visit site
Once again, I'd like to commend littlebasher for his post in the Truma SDG12 MPPT Solor controler thread. For that solar controller at least, there is a 'secret' fuse in the Sargent PSU. Not in the least difficult to check or replace once you follow littlebasher's instructions, but not referenced anywhere else that I know of!

But I can see that DaveA1 was in that thread last year - so still having trouble?
Sorry, i probably should have seen that!

You have to remove the 4 screws and pull the PSU out of its box. Up inside near the myriad of connectors is a single 10A fuse sat all by itself, I believe its even marked as Solar on the PCB.

I was in there a few weeks ago while i was adding an additional 100W solar panel

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Once again, I'd like to commend littlebasher for his post in the Truma SDG12 MPPT Solor controler thread. For that solar controller at least, there is a 'secret' fuse in the Sargent PSU. Not in the least difficult to check or replace once you follow littlebasher's instructions, but not referenced anywhere else that I know of!

But I can see that DaveA1 was in that thread last year - so still having trouble?

Thanks Andrew. Allow me a little leeway for a poor memory. No not still having trouble, van went straight back to the stealer, no trouble since. I wanted the information so I could counter any stories from the stealer.
My lad who also as a Swift wants to fit a new regulator and I was telling him of that third fuse but could not remember where or when, L got the information, Surely you don't think that I, or anyone else for that matter, would still have the same problem after a year. Wrong ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts