Solar Power

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,
As my company recently started selling cheap solar power inverters I decided to install a system on my caravan. I was just wondering how everyone else found the installation process and if they did it themselves or got someone else to do it? I know that I found it a bit of a challenge and it's my industry!
Dan

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I bought a solar panel last summer which I've used as a free standing unit outside the caravan so far.
I also want to install mine on the roof of the caravan with the wiring entering via a waterproof cable shroud down into the wardrobe and under the front bench to the on /off switch, the controller and then the leisure battery.
The only tricky part that I can see would be drilling the hole from the wardrobe ceiling to the outside to avoid any pre existing wiring.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
I have just invested in a 40w solar panel from Sunstore.co.uk. I need it to keep my battery charged during storage - I have tracker and PIR system on the new van, but also it is powerful enough to go for weekends on non electric hook up sites.
When I came to look at buying I found that you can get a set of suction cups (from Sunstore) by which you can temporarily attach the panel to the roof when static and remove for traveling. However the wiring would have to go through one of the rooflights or down the side of the van to the battery box.
In the end I decided to have it inside the van at the front window to charge the battery in storeage and then freestanding on when on sites. I look to route through battery box to controller.
H
Hope this helps
bob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts