some ********

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Some kind **** managed to run my 16 old daughter down and leave her on the side off the road .Last night at 730 some one hit her from behinde and left her to get help, a friend that she was meeting came to her help she had head /back and neck injurys ambulance and police done a great job .
Been at hospital for 24 hours she is ok and can come home to night the police have nothing to go on but hope a guilt trip will make some one come forward.I carnt understand that some one could not even stop to see if the person is ok the police said the last person they got was a young lad that had no insurance because his insurance would be £7000 to insure a £1500 car crazy but still not right (good job i dont find the bar,,,rd that done this ).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm very sorry to read of your daughters collison, thank hevans she seesm to be alright, tlets hop there are no underlying injuries yet to come to light.

I also hope the offender is caught and brought to book.

With regards to the cost of insurance for young people, I caught a snip-it of a radio programme where Martin Lewis of the www.moneysavingexpert.com web site, made a very valid point.

He reported that the high cost of insurance is a direct result of the proven link between young drivers and number of insurance claims. Its not so much what the young persons car is worth, but more to do with the cost of repairs of the other parties property and injury claims that result.

I know this does not make your daughters plight any better, but it does explain why there is so much temptation for younger drivers to risk having no insurance when premiums are so heavily loaded against them.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks prof she is well and on a standard 24 hour watch so me and mrs gump are back and forth to hospital but 8pm tonight is the discharge time so we should be back to normal.just the nagging thought off revenge is a bit ripe at the moment.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very to hear sorry to hear that FG.
I hope she makes a quick permanent recovery.
Technically a serious crime has been committed. There is absolutely no other description. This low life is a hit and run merchant.
I know it's early days but I suggest you consult a Solicitor with a view to doing one or all of the following:-
1. Write a very strongly worded letter to thePolice Chief Constable asking that he / she ensure their CID leave no stone unturned in pursuing the b******d.
2. Lodge a claim on your daughter's behalf with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board.
3. Lodge a claim on your daughter's behalf with the Motor Insurers Bureau.
4.Try and get front page coverage of your local newspapers hinting the police are well on the case. Maybe agree a wording with the police and press.

If they find who did it would you like me to help break their legs
smiley-wink.gif
. I absolutely detest these types of coward.
smiley-yell.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Chears dusty the police have been great and said give a few days to see iff a gult trip comes up if i know my daughter she will make me let it go and make no fuss she will be more worried what peole will think.the worst bit is it could be one off our neighbours .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Forest I just dont know what to say except I too hope your daughter makes a full recovery,
I also hope you and Mrs G are not too shaken up by this, and can get back to normal ASAP.
I hope they catch the shyster and throw away the key, but like every thing else in this country
it will be a "please dont do that again" and let the b------d walk.
Then if you find him -------------------------------
Good luck buddy be thinking off you and your family tonight.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm very sorry to learn of your daughter's injuries FG, where is cctv when you need it?
I hope that your daughter makes a full recovery very soon and that the police manage to catch the person who exhibited such a callous disregard for your daughter's safety and well being.
Try to involve your local newspaper and radio, somebody will know something and the vehicle involved may show signs of damage so news items on either might stir someone's conscience or make someone wonder.
I can understand your feelings and if you ever catch this animal I hope that you make him or her regret the day that they were born, I know that I would.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
What a low life - its not until you 'know' someone that has had this happen that it strikes home - if it had happened to one of mine I can't imagine how I would feel.
We could all hit someone in an accident (it did hapen to me once many years ago - not my fault but still felt dreadful) - but you stay, provide what help you can, and face the consequences of you actions !
I hope your daughter gets back to health very soon and I really hope they can catch the b******, he really needs teching a physical lesson !!!! Its about time the punishment was made to fit the crime !
Best wishes for her speedy recovery

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Forest, hope it went well when you collected your daughter and she is OK.
Just a thought but if you feel there is a need and want your family to get away
for a couple of nights over a weekend just contact me and you will be welcome to
come and stay with us, and if you dont want to stay in the house you can stay in
Mr Fleety, I'm sure he will enjoy your company
smiley-smile.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all just got home its been a long 24 hrs she is fine a bit sore and a nother 48 hrs total care the police have asked for local cctv but no joy should be lucky it could be a lot worse.AS for the sh,,t stain we have no idea man ,woman ,boy ,girl, drunk must say a big up for my local hospital well over run and not the spare beds but it was a long night but they didthere job great.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We know the feelingas our daugther got knocked off her motorcycle but at least the driver stopped. The driver was married to the Chief constable for the region. Said she never saw daugther. This was about 20 years ago!
As suggested best is the newspaper as somone will know somthing. Also check if any houses in the vicinity had CCTV as they may have footage.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Forest, just wondering and hoping your daughter has made a full recovery, hope she has and everything has returned to normal.
Any news on the B------ who did it?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
thanks kev she is well a few marks but the police have been around and said theres no cctv or any confesions so the case is closed not there fault but what can the do she is back to her self lazy and full of teen attitude bless her. By the way i had your photos off the wheel cocer but carnt seem to down load them of my crapp work supplied phone hope you have sorted it if not i will get mrs gumps propper camera.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thats brill news about your daughter FG,
Havent had time to do the wheel arch yet, but must do it before easter. If you can do photo all the better if not dont worry think I have
sussed it, cheers

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your daughter's accident FG. I hope the bar steward has read this topic and has a change of heart.

I was knocked of my push bike 2 years ago at 6-30 am by a car overtaking another coming towards me. Fortunately I saw him but he still over shot his move and batted me sideways over the hedge and into the field. I knew by the mirror on the floor that it was a blue Peugeot 206. But when I rang the police they wouldn't do anything about it.

Now I have several degenerated virtibrae in my spine and a compressed disc impeading the fluid flow. All of which could of been agrivated by the incident.

I hope all goes well for your daughter and yourselves.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve
The Motor Insurers Bureau is there to help people like you and FGs daughter. It doesn't matter if you can't identify the hit and run driver. Obviously the Police are fully aware of the accidents. See a Solicitor and I think you may be very pleasantly surprised that some restitution may come your way. IMO don't go to those "trip slip merchants" who advertise on TV.
With bodily injury claims the Statute of Limitation expires after three years.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Dusty.
I have looked back at my diary and I can afford to wait until I've seen a top spinal consultant surgeon in Birmingham. His waiting list suggests early June at the latest.
I'm seeing him for a second oppinion as I've been told by my local honcho's that they are not prepared to operate. They're worried about putting me on wheels if it goes belly up.

To be quite honest I've already had a good innings having had to learn to walk again after a serious motorcycle accident 30 years ago. So to me having to cope with adversity has been second nature.

At the moment a magnetic telescopic mechanic's pick up tool and a 4" wide long handled paint roller handle are my best friends, to save me bending down to pick up my walking stick and open/close the awning zip.

Being resorcefull is second nature to me as you can't rely on NHS or DWP for any "assistance"! Having been trained as a sabre soldier, multi-skilled engineer and a process technician, has given me a good skillset to fall back upon.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forest, I haven't looked in this section for years and years and now I've looked in here twice today and I've just seen your thread.

I was so sorry to hear about your daughter. Hit and run and just as bad as drink drivers. How anyone could hit someone and leave them in the road is beyond my comprehension. Disgusting, the lowest of the low.

I'm really glad to hear she's on the mend bless her.

Lisa xxx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
steveinleo said:
Sorry to hear of your daughter's accident FG. I hope the bar steward has read this topic and has a change of heart. I was knocked of my push bike 2 years ago at 6-30 am by a car overtaking another coming towards me. Fortunately I saw him but he still over shot his move and batted me sideways over the hedge and into the field. I knew by the mirror on the floor that it was a blue Peugeot 206. But when I rang the police they wouldn't do anything about it. Now I have several degenerated virtibrae in my spine and a compressed disc impeading the fluid flow. All of which could of been agrivated by the incident. I hope all goes well for your daughter and yourselves.

Take me hat off to you Steve, you do well to ride a push bike with your medical history, good to see you don`t let it stand in your way, I to still ride a bike but I cheat a bit as it is eclectically assisted, but it still plays havoc with my shoulder that was operated on last year, and twenty minuets is about all I can manage before the pain gets to much to bear.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I know what you mean cookies.
I had a fully sprung mountain bike which was a doddle to ride, but since the hit and run, I haven't been able to ride anymore. I do want to try sailing this yaer as I couldn't go last year as I was unindated with shoulder ops and a release of an ulna nerve caught on the operations. I only do dinghy sailing these days and cruise rather than race. But having a quiet potter around Bala lake with nothing but the rustle of the sails in the breeze does wonders for relaxation.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
cookieones said:
steveinleo said:
Sorry to hear of your daughter's accident FG. I hope the bar steward has read this topic and has a change of heart. I was knocked of my push bike 2 years ago at 6-30 am by a car overtaking another coming towards me. Fortunately I saw him but he still over shot his move and batted me sideways over the hedge and into the field. I knew by the mirror on the floor that it was a blue Peugeot 206. But when I rang the police they wouldn't do anything about it. Now I have several degenerated virtibrae in my spine and a compressed disc impeading the fluid flow. All of which could of been agrivated by the incident. I hope all goes well for your daughter and yourselves.

Take me hat off to you Steve, you do well to ride a push bike with your medical history, good to see you don`t let it stand in your way, I to still ride a bike but I cheat a bit as it is eclectically assisted, but it still plays havoc with my shoulder that was operated on last year, and twenty minuets is about all I can manage before the pain gets to much to bear.
I've told my story before but never mind.....
After some fairly significant health problems I was lucky enough to be given physiotherapy which helped me to claw a good part of my life back and in fact to be quite 'healthy' although still a bit crocked.
Due to my mobility problems I'd also put on too much weight and my GP prescribed three months gym membership and some advice from nutritionists and more physios to tackle the weight problem.
I managed to lose quite a lot of weight at the time and because I felt so good I wheeled my fully sprung mountain bike from the back of the garage to try to maintain my new found fitness levels. The bike had been bought new just before my problems began and it seemed a shame not to use it.
smiley-laughing.gif

Where I live used to be known as 'the Venice of the Midlands' because of the extensive canal network and many of these canals remain in use by narrowboat owners, fishermen and cyclists on the towpaths. I really enjoyed whizzing along the canal towpath and I thought that I'd found a great way to remain fit and slim (ish)
Unfortunately although I'd regained a lot of my fitness I'd forgotten that my balance was lost for ever and I fell off!
smiley-surprised.gif

I didn't fall into the water but instead onto a part of the towpath that had been decoratively paved over with those little red blocks that local councils seem to love.
My hip really hurt, I could hardly move and it took me hours to limp back home. It turned out that I'd broken a piece of bone off the side of my pelvis!
So much for getting fit
smiley-frown.gif

My once shiny red fully sprung mountain bike is now at the very back of the garage gathering dust, it took ages for my hip to get better and Herself has banned me from ever riding it again!
smiley-cry.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
thats a sad story parksy but you can only do what you can and no more, around here we have miles and miles of canal towpath as well as a network of cycleways resurfaced from the old railway system now the summers comming I will be out on the bike for a few hours when the weathers fine, unfortunatly I dont get far as the old injuries start playing up after a bit but it does keep you fit "ish".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parksy get yourself one of the electrically assisted bikes, best thing I have bought in a long while, folds in half so easy to transport when we take the van away, and you still get gentle exercise if you wish, or just sit back and twist the throttle
smiley-cool.gif

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Here's one for the chuckle box Parksy.
I was born at Alvechurch near Redditch.

There's a steep hill on the outskirts of the village called Cobly hill, at the bottom of the hill there are 2 bridges, the canal and the railway.

Me and my mate Vance used to race soap box carts down the hill. One day as I was going full tilt heading for the bridges, a big van came over the railway bridge. So muggins here decided to try to duck down the tow path to miss the van. Got into the pathway ok doing about 30Mph. Then a pram wheel fell of my cart and I ended up in the cut!! The cart aquaplaned nearaly to the far side before sinking.

Them were the days. We had no PC's or Game boys, just old prams and wood scrumped off the tip and a box of my dads nails, to make our thrill rides.

Then there was the story of us throwing stones at the narrow boat bargee's to get free coal for our nan!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts