sorento xse

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have just bought a new sorento xse 2.5 man diesal after first fill up i have worked out it is doing just over 27 m.p.g i am a steady driver and our journeys are mainly between 5,10 miles i was hoping to get at least 30 which is still less than the quoted 36.2 in the spec .hopefully it will improve as the engine is run in.apart from this i love the car looks and drives great.any comments on fuel consuption .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am a diesel fitter by trade. A diesel engine usually takes about 10,000 miles before it is bedded in fully. By this time you will see an improvement in the economy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James

I also have a Sorento 2.5 Auto.Just had the first annual service, my overall fuel consumption for the year is 23.87 mpg.My annual milage is only 8250 of which I had the van in tow for 2700 miles.I wrote to Diesel Car (Dr Diesel) who said he would not expect me to get more than 28mpg solo. I think unless one is motoring up and down motorways at less than speed limits it as good as it gets.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James

I also have a Sorento 2.5 Auto.Just had the first annual service, my overall fuel consumption for the year is 23.87 mpg.My annual milage is only 8250 of which I had the van in tow for 2700 miles.I wrote to Diesel Car (Dr Diesel) who said he would not expect me to get more than 28mpg solo. I think unless one is motoring up and down motorways at less than speed limits it as good as it gets.

Regards Jim
Hi James

I have a 2.5 XS auto 03 reg.I have done 26000 miles in it and can get no more than 27mpg.I have driven at various speeds between 55-80 mph mainly motorway miles.I have found that the difference in mpg is about 1mpg no matter what speed I drive at.I have had the car back to Kia twice and they say there is no faults to be found.Their answer to the quoted mpg figures is that they are official government figures done in ideal conditions.I think the new 5 speed auto is supposed to give slightly better mpg.The up side is I get 24mpg towing the van(1600kgs)at a steady 60mph.Also it is a superb car and I will have another when this one is three years old.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello there, fellow Sorento owners! I'm pleased to report that I've had mine just over a year and done 10,000 miles, a lot with a caravan or a boat on the back! We live in a very hilly part of Yorkshire and am up and down hill and dale, day in, day out. My car does around 31mpg on a run to work of 11 miles each way. With the caravan on, fully laden for summer holidays, I think the lowest it's ever been has been about 28mpg (with the air con. on too!). The highest mpg I've ever got is on a run down the A1 solo and it did do about 37mpg. Reading the other comments from the diesel engineer, I certainly agree with him in that the car has livened up considerably since I got it and I am really pleased with it. Hope this helps!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2.5 XS auto 03 reg.I have now done 26000 miles and have monitored the fuel consumption.I have driven at speeds between 55-80 mph and only noticed a difference of 1.5mpg.The best I have achieved is 27mpg at a steady 55-60 mph.This was mainly good A roads and motorways.My car as been back to Kia to be checked and they can find no faults.According to them the mpg figures quoted are "official government figures in an ideal situation".I believe that the newer cars are supposed to do slightly more mpg.On the upside I get 24mpg towing a 1600kg van at 60mph.Also the Kia is a great car and I will be looking at a new one when mine is 3 years old.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi James,

Join the club, I to have just taken possession of a similar model and get the same mpg.

I have an A6 Avant as a company car 1.9 diesel which did a similar mpg when it was new this gradually improved as the miles increased it now does 41 mpg all the time with 27,000 on the clock.

So I am hoping the Sorento will improve as the miles increase, I am a Sorento convert already, thats if and when I can get my wife to part with it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James

I have been running a Sorento xe with the same engine as yours for a year now. I get more than 27 mpg when towing a 1300 kg caravan. I think your poor consumption may be due to the fact that you do short journeys and in the cold weather the diesel takes about 5 miles to warm up. You may notice that the car is noisier and less smooth running for the first few miles. Hope this helps.

Terry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James

I have been running a Sorento xe with the same engine as yours for a year now. I get more than 27 mpg when towing a 1300 kg caravan. I think your poor consumption may be due to the fact that you do short journeys and in the cold weather the diesel takes about 5 miles to warm up. You may notice that the car is noisier and less smooth running for the first few miles. Hope this helps.

Terry
Hi Tery,do you have the manual or auto.My journeys are 25 miles each way to work but I can get no more than 27mpg.I still think I have a problem with the car but Kia assures me there is not.Regards Tom.

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
I just picked up a new Sorento 2.5CRDi XSE this week. Being extra careful running the engine in etc. My first fill up showed the consumption at around 27mpg, which I'm sure will inmprove with time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts