southport

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
could anyone recommend a site in southport for the last weekend in july ?

caravan club site is fully booked.

thanks in advance , chic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at Willowbank at easter. Its a five to ten minute drive down the coastal road to get into southport. Its mainly a static park with all privately owned statics but there are 54 touring pitches.Really well maintained with very clean facilities. Choice of grass pitch or nice hardstanding ones. However, theres nothing to do onsite., no shop, pub or anything but all the same its really pretty. They do have a website but can't remember what it is now. Hope this helps.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi chic, willow bank as stated above is about the best you will get in southport, it really is very clean, if you didn't know better it would pass as a club site. if you want something a bit more lively then riverside is just down the coast. BUT, i have never been as i was warned that the club house on site is in fact a night club open to the public and open untill 2 am. aparently it gets quite noisey at closing time. if thats what you want and the noise does not bother you it might be worth a try. willow bank books up quickly so you need to get in quick for july. web address is, www.willowbankcp.co.uk

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I live in southport, there is a place called Hurlston Hall which is 10min drive into southport,it's on the main A59 into town and reputed to be very nice !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi we have stayed in southport on two sites willow bank and shaw hall. Shaw hall is great it has a bar, shop, park playing field, close to the canal with fully serviced pitches, a dog walking area, a all round great site. were as willow bank has dog walking area but nothing else on site but is relaxing and quiet I hope this helps Michelle

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Hi There

have to agree with Michelle stayed at Shaw Hall last week for the first time in ages and it is much improved great facilities excellent pitches nice friendly clubroom 10/10

Sue

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
please avoid Riverside - worse site we have been to in five years of touring. Filthy showers and toilets with no toilet paper in any of the toilets. Put next to the park and kept awake half the night by teenagers drinking and swearing playing on the swings! When complained when leaving were told by the reception we were given details of security when arrived and should of contacted them - just had to laugh!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts