spacelite awning

Oct 21, 2007
Visit site
I have just ordered a quest lounge awning similar shape to spacelite but is made of heavier material. My dad saw both at NEC and advised the quest as he said it felt sturdier and all the panels zip out. maybe worth a look. They are only out this week though. I found one on ebay new for

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
colin av oid like the plague ,bought one at xmas with new van after 2hrs and loads of effin and jeffin we took it back to our dealer for a full refund .they are to flimisy and difficult to get a seal next to van .

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
We bought one a year ago. We like ours and we also have the Scenic+ which we use for one or two night stays as we don't need the extra space.

The Spacelite is quick to put up but the guides supplied are useless - use the heavy duty straps which they also supply. but they If you accept that you will not get a tight fit with almost any porch awning, we can get it close enough to remain comfortable. Its heavier than the Scenic and gives us enough room for our dog, table + chairs and plenty storage for wellies, wet coats etc.

We've used it in windy conditions, but not gales and it was fine.

Hope this helps.

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
We bought one a year ago. We like ours and we also have the Scenic+ which we use for one or two night stays as we don't need the extra space.

The Spacelite is quick to put up but the guides supplied are useless - use the heavy duty straps which they also supply. but they If you accept that you will not get a tight fit with almost any porch awning, we can get it close enough to remain comfortable. Its heavier than the Scenic and gives us enough room for our dog, table + chairs and plenty storage for wellies, wet coats etc.

We've used it in windy conditions, but not gales and it was fine.

Hope this helps.
at newyear on a site in silverdale, two spacelites were left next to the dustbins . couldn't even make kites from the remains!

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
We bought one (off ebay) last year and if you use it carefully (not in too high a wind) it is fine. Takes about 15 minutes to erect, no huffin and puffin.

I would buy it again.

Cheers

David

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
Update on Spacelite: went away to Dartmoor last week. Ours is now in the bin - try as you can, its so hard to get it tight. Wind then moves it around and managed to open tyhe zip when we went out (probably our fault). Result when we got back - several pegs ripped out and rubbers btoken, a couple of the rings pulled out of the ground skirt. Re-pegged, but still billowed around. Took it down wet so that we could get a good night's sleep.

Seems main problem is it relies on the front straps to provide taughtness.

Have seen the Quest Lounge Awning which is a similar shape, but has horizontal poles to make it taught.

Does anyone have the Quest and if so, any comments please?

G

We're using ours now (posting from site) - this about the sixth time we've used it since purchase and, this time, it went up effortlessly ;)

The value depends on the price you pay - I think

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have just come back from a 2 week break, and the only negative side was the spacelite awning, if there is any bit of wind it is terrible to put up, and to make matters worse we had a wind of only 20 - 30 mph and on arriving back at the caravan site the front had completely come off ( zipcompletely wrecked ) the pole was bent out of proportion, the rubber for the pegs had broken off the awning.

The pegs that come with it are poor, had to buy some steel pegs, the only good point with it was that even though the sides dont sit comfortably to the side of the caravan allowing the wind to come in, the rain didn't.

To summerise im just glad that i kept my old awning with its metel poles.

Regards

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts