Spain in March

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carolyn, We are off to Spain the end of February for a month and staying at La Bellavista, Manilva. It is a new campsite and quite looking forward to the stay and the drive down. Planning to do the channel tunnel. Where abouts are you going?

Ian

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Carolyn
I've sent an email to you with instructions on how to use the forum with Internet Explorer.
Unfortunately the text of your post has failed to load to the message board.
It's highly likely that the reason for this will be your choice of web browser. Contrary to popular belief most versions of Internet Explorer use older incomplete codes which do not automatically update and which do not comply with present day internet technology.
Microsoft recognise the problem and have come up with a way to resolve this issue, Click Here for instructions on how to activate the Internet Explorer compatibility mode.
Alternatively you might like to choose a more up to date web browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for pointing out the lack of a body to my post, I have been trying to fix it but am now using Mozilla Firefox so fingers crossed!
Hubby, dog and I are travelling for 10 weeks starting in March and plan initially to travel through France, with the caravan, and cross into Spain from the Med. side.I wonder if anyone has any site/route suggestions, preferably ACSI or C Cheque on the coast anywhere from the Spanish/French Boarder to Valencia, a town/village in walking distance would be a bonus.Would we need to book at that time if year in Spain?
Also I have some concerns about being around/passing by Barcelona having heard horror stories about slashed tyres etc so any reassurance or advice would be appreciated.
We have travelled quite widely in Europe last year as far as Slovenia and Croatia but have never taken the caravan into Spain but as we have to go earlier this year (2 lovely weddings to come back for!) it seemed a good option to avoid the snow , hopefully.
We will also visit the coast around perpignan when it warms up as I have always wanted to visit Coliure so any good sites in that area would be good to know.
I think this missive makes up for earlier lack of comments so I just hope it posts now!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
merlin said:
Hi Carolyn, We are off to Spain the end of February for a month and staying at La Bellavista, Manilva. It is a new campsite and quite looking forward to the stay and the drive down. Planning to do the channel tunnel. Where abouts are you going?

Ian
Carolyn asked me to say that didn't ignore your post Ian,she was unable to get her comments to load onto the message board because of a technical glitch which has now been resolved.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
We have travelled to Spain via Barcelona a number of times and never had a ny problems but every year just before we go there are horror stories about the AP7 but we have never had a problems (touch wood !!) just be aware of cars around you and never stop for any one and if you stop at a service area never leave your vehicles unattended. I was given a good bit of advice a while ago too.Have a "Dummy" handbag at your feet (passenger) with some bits in and if you were robbed just hand that over.We will be going again in April.

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed Carolyn S you were looking for sites near Coliure, we stayed at a small site a few miles inland from there.It is page 157 in this years Camping Cheque book and opens 1st April.It is on the edge of a small village and only about 5 miles from the coast and with some nice places to visit inland as well.The owners were very friendly amd helpful.It is a very pretty site with lots of flowers.

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Carolyn S another site you might be interested in if you get as far as Valencia is about an hour away is Camping Boterra Park in Benicassim.It is in the Acsi book and is open all year round.There is a good Supermarket across the road from the site and the Beach is a few mins walk away.The site sometimes organise a day trip to Valencia from there too. It is not too big but doeas get busy in the low season,there is a Camping and Caravanning Rally there in April.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, we are doing exactly the same, Terry & I, have been to France many, many times when the children were smaller, we haven't been for several years now but as newly retired we are off down to Spain at the beginning of Febuary. This time we are taking our two little dogs so we have had to learn all the rules & regulations regarding pet passports and Terry has spent quite a time planning out route down. We are now starting to get everything together inside the caravan, there is so much to think about, what do we really need to take in the way of clothes, food, etc., etc. we have also read the horror stories of robberies which is a slight worry, but in all our years travelling have always been alright so we keep our fingers crossed. Hope you have a wonderful time and your journey down is uneventful!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just in case you had planned to go to the Mazzaron area, it seems that all 4 sites tthere are full to bursting with people waaiting in the car parks; Further south we have noticed a big increase in motor vans this year, so it may be the GC are getting a bit tougher with wild camping.
Either way, you may wish to make firm bookings at least for the first few nights.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Seems everyone is trying to escape the UK's awful weather I just hope it doesn't follow us to Spain?? Lucky we are not going near Mazzaron but already booked into Camping Cabopino.

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, I did post a reply but didn't log on via firefox so no posting strangely. I hope Santel49 has a good trip. We tend to pack a little for every sort of weather as it can be cold and wet as we have learnt from experience! Florie our cockapoo has her own bag packed with her passport and all the flea,tick,sand fly and heart worm repellant a girl could wish for, an expensive "do" before you even set off!
Can anyone advise roughly how much tax is added on to the campsite fee in Spain please please?
thanks Carolyn

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thankyou Carolyn S, we leave on Sunday lunchtime, we've packed everything bar the kitchen sink!! Dogs, Jasper & Honey are watching our every move they don't know what's coming and yes it has been very expensive even before the off! We have got clothing for every possible temperature hopefully less than more as the time goes on. Just be nice to get away from this constant wet, windy, cold weather the UK is getting - keeping everything crossed! Happy travels everyone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Current IVA (VAT) on campsites in Spain is 10%. Increase in fees in recent years has been more in price of EHU than anything else.

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Carolyn, just to warn you and any one else travelling down towards Spain from Calais direction to ring ahead to the sites you want to stop on for the night. We booked our first stop at La Bien Aussie Guines, no problems there and because a lot of sites don't open until later in the year had a long drive heading for an open all year site at Nantes but on telephoning was told that it was too dangerous because of flooding! This threw us a bit but then decided to try the C&CC site in Nantes, Belle Rivière not much further on, lovely site near the Loire would have been even nicer if we hadn't had the hail stones storm dropped on our arrival! Our next stop was Camping Larrouleta, St.Jean de Luz that was ok, beautiful site in the sun, onwards to La Pico de Miel, 38 miles from Madrid and we arrived to thick snow, we had left our boots at home! We have passed some dreadful areas of flooding they have suffered as much as the UK. Today we are at Despenaperros it's been pouring all day, tomorrow we head further south and stop at a new campsite before reaching Capobino as our base camp and hopefully some decent weather! All the places we have stayed says English spoken- do they. No they don't it was ok in France as my school French got me by but Spanish no nothing, but we manage, hope the flooding problems are not so bad when you take off, wish you all the best.

Sandy & Terry S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts