Spanish gas bottle

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone
I need some information if anyone can help I have a uk caravan (bailey pageant)
I have a gas system with regulator working fine .
I am doing a lot of touring in Europe /U.K.
I also have a Spanish gas bottle ,the regulator pushes on to the bottle as normal in Spain .
If i install a 10mm tee in the systems low pressure side ( after the uk regulator ) all in the front wet locker would this work and be legal if I have the work I do inspected .
I would have two regulators one for each bottle with isolation ,connected to the caravan system.
Hope someone can help

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
oggie101 said:
Hello everyone
I need some information if anyone can help I have a uk caravan (bailey pageant)
I have a gas system with regulator working fine .
I am doing a lot of touring in Europe /U.K.
I also have a Spanish gas bottle ,the regulator pushes on to the bottle as normal in Spain .
If i install a 10mm tee in the systems low pressure side ( after the uk regulator ) all in the front wet locker would this work and be legal if I have the work I do inspected .
I would have two regulators one for each bottle with isolation ,connected to the caravan system.
Hope someone can help

Alan

What you are suggesting is contrary to current gas safety protocols because you will not know if both the regulators are designed to resist beck feed pressures. It is most likely the do not have the necessary internal valve gear to prevent reverse gas flow through the regulator, and thus the unused regulator will leak gas, which is contrary to all gas safety regs within the UK. I cannot comment on the regs in Spain.

What you need is to find a bottle pressure clip on valve with the flexible ( Pigtail) to couple to your current bulkhead mounted regulator.

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello prof john
Thank you for your reply I did think about the back feed .
The Spanish bottle I have has a push on fit regulator . If this is not suitable to do the job or I need some other equipment ,is it possible to give me a little more indication of what I require to do the job legally and safely.
I do not know what a bottle pressure clip on valve is .
Is it by any chance a one way valve to stop the backfeed ?

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your replys
I think connecting one bottle at a time will be safe and legal I just needed pointing in the correct direction I will use a push on jumbo valve with pigtail and use a spanner as eh52arh sudgested
Thanks for your help
Alan

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone sorted now I am in Spain got the correct valve and pig tails all set to start my tour of Spain in 10 days time

Many thanks
Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts