Spare wheel carriers

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone with a 2000 Elddis XL Series Typhoon etc, or any other van for that matter, with a BPW chassis use a spare wheel carrier? If so could they let me know which brand they use as I'm aware that some brands don't fit all chassis, in particular BPW. I'm aware of all of the reasons not to use one, but to be honest the spare wheel spends more time in the boot of the car or in the van these days than it does in the front locker so I might as well put it there permanently.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim, I have a 2000 Compass on a BPW chassis. I could not fit a Alko carrier, even though the chassis was pre drilled for it , because of some gas pipes!

I puchased one, but forgot the make, that used the fittings but was a single telescopic bar with a cross piece for the wheel to sit on. It has been no problem but I strip it down ang grease it twice a seson.

There is a similar type advertised in the C&CC magazine that says 'fits all known chassis, easy to fit, 4kg etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tim, I tried to check towsure web site (www.towsure.com) but got a response that the domain name is up for renewal from a service type provider!!! I have checked the 2004 paper copy I have and it is W342 at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts