Spare Wheel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Can someone tell me if the spare wheel which is under the van on a carrier is part of the pay load even though it came with the new van, l thought it was a fitted item part of the miro am l wrong.

Also could anyone tell me the weight of a 110 battery.

NigelH

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nigel

If the spare wheel is not an extra and comes as standard with your caravan then it is usually in your payload.

An 85 amp battery weighs @ 20kg. We have just done this excercise and cannot believe how heavy they are.

Hope this helps you.

Sam

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I have never been able to think in ST or OZ, i all seems illogical to me, much better to work in groups of 10, or pounds,kg, or metric ton.

When i am match fishing, and someone says you must have a stone, i have to actually work out what hes saying, in my head my weight is in pounds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its wot it says on me old bathroom scales

Metric is much easier

We started teaching metric measurement in schools nearly 40 years ago but still we have miles/yards on signposts

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If the spare wheel is included in the MIRO, then obviously it's not included in the payload. If it's not in the MIRO, then it is part of the payload. In the end, only the MTPLM is what counts. MIRO figures need to be treated with a pinch of salt anyway. Very few, if any, published MIRO's reflect the actual weight of the car or caravan when empty.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Andy so l can take it the spare wheel and carrier are not part of the payload.

Lutz if it was part of the pay load it would obviously give me less and didn't fancy taking it off to weigh.

NigelH

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Nigel,

As Andy has said, if the spare wheel and carrier was fitted by the caravan manufacturer (i.e. part of the standard specification and not an option), it will be included in your MRO and not the payload.

If the spare wheel and carrier were fitted by anyone other than the manufacturer (i.e. dealer), it will be part of your payload.

It all comes down to who fitted your spare wheel and carrier.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As I pointed out before, published MIRO figures are seldom accurate. It is therefore risky to assume that you actually have the quoted payload at your disposal. If you want to be really sure, the safest thing is to have your caravan weighed empty.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Ash it was fitted by Swift 08 Ace Firestar.

Thanks for your help.

Lutz intend to take the van empty to the nearest weighbridge 12 mile's away, our Macclesfield Borough Council decied to remove ours,built a station car park where it used to be, you pay's your rate's and get nowt for it.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts