Speed Limit

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Not many 6o mph reductions , normally 5o like through cattriick nr richmond on the A1 whilst road works on for last few years now . Sat nav picks up the reduced speed and thats what ill stick to at a safe distance . I wouldnt lower to 4o though .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
..... I wouldnt lower to 4o though .

Hello Criag,

Just in case there is any confusion about the definition of a carriage way - it is prepared route where traffic flows. If the traffic flows in both directions and is not separated by a built up central reservation it is a single carriage way.

If the opposing traffic flows are separated by a built up central reservation it is a dual carriage way.

I don't know why you think you may need to lower your speed to 40, the table I point to makes no such requirement.

You must always observe the signed speed limits with the maximum speed on a single carriageway being 50mph and 60mph on dual carriageways.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Craigyoung said:
..... I wouldnt lower to 4o though .[/quote)

Prof wrote ;
You must always observe the signed speed limits with the maximum speed on a single carriageway being 50mph and 60mph on dual carriageways.

I always stick to within the speed limits off what the roads we travel on .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts