Speed limiters to be fitted on all new cars by 2022

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, it’s not a law anyway it’s a Directive. Clearly UK isn’t bound by Directives but may take cognisance, even though we no longer have the ability to influence their development. Anyway even in the EU national governments set their own speed limits. But as you say cars will be fitted with the systems and it’s up to individual governments wether or not they implement these systems and when.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As part of the Brexit agreement with the EU, in some areas of we have agreed to adopt equivalent law or directives at least for some period of time. I don't know if this one such area or not.

But as Otherclive has pointed out, if we want to be able to export cars manufacturer in the UK to the EU, then those cars would have to comply with EU regulations.

But not all EU redtape was unwelcome, and if by adopting this technology into UK vehicles it helps to reduce emissions then we are likely to see it happen.

Reactions: otherclive

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
As part of the Brexit agreement with the EU, in some areas of we have agreed to adopt equivalent law or directives at least for some period of time. I don't know if this one such area or not.

But as Otherclive has pointed out, if we want to be able to export cars manufacturer in the UK to the EU, then those cars would have to comply with EU regulations.

But not all EU red tape was unwelcome, and if by adopting this technology into UK vehicles it helps to reduce emissions then we are likely to see it happen.
I think what we have now is a good situation. UK can chose what EU directives/standards/ etc it finds agreeable. Obviously, we are likely to find that many of these changes are common sense and agreeable, but we have the absolute right to decide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts