Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to keep banging on, but this has to be the slowest forum on the web at the moment. I have visited 4 caravan forums over the last hour and this one (the best, incidently) has driven me potty waiting for screens to load down. Why are we getting this poor response time ?? Im on broadband and other forums are fast!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor

Sorry, but I have to admit that I've got no problem at all with this site. Everything opens and refreshed instantly. I'm on BT 2mb broadband. Perhaps your ISP doesn't have a quick route to the Practical Caravan server.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've no problems either - in fact it seems quite quick to me, apart from when you initially go to the site there are no problems at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To see where a hold up is between you and the Practical Caravan website try Trace Route. Do the following:

Go to Start {pipe delimiter} Run

Type in cmd and click on OK

This will open a Command Prompt box, like the old DOS screen.

Ignore what's there and type in:

tracert www.practicalcaravan.co.uk

You will then get a list open up of the servers that your connection is going over. The first few will be your own ISP and may end in bt.com, or ntl.com etc. The last ones will be 195.92.229.56. This is the Practical Caravan website address. In between will be the other servers that you're being sent via. The connection times for each are shown in milliseconds. If there is a long delay in the last line then the problem is with the website end. If there's a delay at the beginning then it's your ISP. A delay in between could just be due to heavy traffic.

A lot of it may be gobble-dee-****, and come the end of the day you won't be able to do much about it anyway. But you should be able to find out who to point the finger at.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts