speeding on site

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Having just returned from an very enjoyable fortnight caravanning I would like to raise the following two points before somewhere on a site there is a serious accident.

It is or should be well known that on site the speed limit is 5 mph, can someone tell me then what part of this a few people do not understand and have to speed on site.

As a responsible dog owner who clears up after their dog can someone also explain why a few owners persist in not clearing up their dogs mess and thus creating a health hazzard as well as giving responsible owners a bad name.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi martin i am afraid that in all walks of life there are the few with total disregaurd fo others but thankfully they are in the minority our dog also loves coming with us but it amazes me that some site charge for extra for the dog and do'nt even supply a poh bin let alone anthing else yes we alway's clean up but there you go i am starting sound like an old git happy camping

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin - now you'll probably open an old and very well used can of worms here! People who speed on site are probably the same ones who speed on the main roads. I've never understood why fellow vanners who often have young children themselves, drive too fast on sites. On occasions, I've actually been stationary when young children have run into my car on their bikes or chasing a ball. Had I been doing even 5mph I hate to think what the consequences would have been. We too have a dog, and always load up with poo bags whenever he's exercised, but again the thoughtless minority will always spoil it for the responsible majority. Perhaps the only way to change such unreasonable behaviour would be for site owners to ban speeders and dog mess leavers, but then how would they fairly police this? The last thing we want is speed cameras on sites!

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
From experience everyone who says they don't speed usually does, dog owners always clean up after them yet never seem too and those with kids always say mine never do that as we brought them up right and it's their that kick the ball at your van.

Ban cars to special car parks, ban all dogs and make all site Adults only. Bliss!!!

Trouble is makes me look like a right victor meldrew, it's just i never sped, always cleaned up after my dog and the kids well they were angels.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin. We spent last week on a busy site Tantallon, North Berwick. Dogs and children running amok dawn to dusk, boy racers reversing at speed (amazing car handling and manouvering skills but this was on site).I thought about setting up a stall selling things called leads as many dog owners dont seem to possess such a thing.

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi Martin. We spent last week on a busy site Tantallon, North Berwick. Dogs and children running amok dawn to dusk, boy racers reversing at speed (amazing car handling and manouvering skills but this was on site).I thought about setting up a stall selling things called leads as many dog owners dont seem to possess such a thing.
Hi Martin

My pet hate is 14 year olds flying about at 15 mph on far***g oil cans called motorised scooters, especially after the 23.00hrs curfew on noise.

Where are their parents? In the pub I presume!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts