speeds in france

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi has anyone have first hand any news on the new speeds has anyone been stop for no stickers or stop for going over the new speed limits I know this has been on here before but maybe people have been and know first hand now thanks in advance lee

G

Not sure what new speeds you are talking about. As of the end of July they were still the same as before, namely 90 km/hr on A roads and 130 km/hr on autoroutes. Caravans followed these limits as long as total weights was less than 3500 kg, or you were limited to 100 km/hr on autoroutes.

However, as with any country the Police are entitled to stop you if they feel your driving is dangerous. Personally I remained at 60-65 mph maximum on autoroutes, 50 mph on A roads and never had any problem.

Apr 5, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what new speeds you are talking about. As of the end of July they were still the same as before, namely 90 km/hr on A roads and 130 km/hr on autoroutes. Caravans followed these limits as long as total weights was less than 3500 kg, or you were limited to 100 km/hr on autoroutes.

However, as with any country the Police are entitled to stop you if they feel your driving is dangerous. Personally I remained at 60-65 mph maximum on autoroutes, 50 mph on A roads and never had any problem.
new speed limits are 80kph or 90kph if towing over 3500kg just wondered if it was happening

G

There has always been a lower limit for vehicles in excess of 3500 kg. This applies to solo vehicles such as motorhomes and total train weight if towing. As I said in July the signs were still showing the same as before, but maybe they have not changed anything yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts