Spell checker??

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Dont know if this has been mentioned before any chance of a forum spell checker, although i always previews post and the pc highlights mistakes it gives me no longer than literally a second to correct them, whcih is driving me crazy!!
Can we have a spell checker installed on the tool bar to highlight problems as we go!!

cheers lollie

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This has been asked for before Lollie but to no avail.
I'm not sure about other browsers but I use Firefox with the British English Dictionary installed as a plug in (or add on).
This gives English rather than American spellings on the spell check.
When I write a post if I wish to check the spelling before clicking on Save I click on 'Disable Rich Text' via the link at the bottom left under the comment box.
Spelling errors are highlighted by squiggly red lines and if you lay the mouse cursor across the mis-spelt word and right click a drop down list of suggestions will appear. Of course the suggestions are not much use if you are dyslexic or if you have no idea at all about how the word should be spelt but it works for me. When I add a colloquialism I can left click on 'Add to Dictionary' and the word then becomes part of the spell checker vocabulary. After completing the spell check you can, if you want to, click on 'Enable Rich Text' via the link and the HTML code will be hidden once more and after you have clicked on 'Save' your post will appear in the normal way.

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi parksy
Im on firefox too i will try disabling that format and see if it helps, the squiggly lines have come up automatically before, but im give an nanosecond to correct stuff, but ill give it a go
cheers

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome Lollie
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Julian
Does this mean that these spell checkers will all work on this forum when Disable Rich Text is selected?

JP1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they should do — they work on anything that's typed into a form, regardless of its format. (Sorry for the slow reply, btw).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts