Sprite Alpine 2 + Bailey Orion 430 -4 ( 2011)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were going to buy the new Bailey Orion 430-4 Caravan but when we look at the front bunks only 6ft 1in x 2ft 3in and the fixed bed my wife would still have to climb over me but a nice end bathroom We had a look at the Sprite Alpine 2 Caravan and the two bunks would suit our needs better, one is 5ft 11ins x 2ft 4ins ( wife ) and the other bunk is 6ft 3ins x 2ft 4ins( Me) .and plus it a end bathroom it got EN1645 Grade 3 classification for heating and thermal insulation for all year round comfort. Has anyone own these two caravans and what your verdict ?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
had a sprite but it was alpine4 but the 2 is as good great van the orion is to small no front looker ect the only thing that put me of the new swifts as like many is the old build methord and oppted for a new adria have a look at the altea even the adora lihgt well built no more dents all the mod cons and a good price.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
With those two to chose from I would go for the sprite, purely because the Bailey build method is still not proven and the sprite is in my opinion a nicer looking van. May be worth looking at more options before committing

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
hi we done the exact same thing and although we cant aford it at the moment my money would be on the sprite as it is far better finished the amount of orions i have looked at that are just not finished properly certainly does bailey no favours what so ever, could you really cope with that tiny front lounge too? you are also about the same size as my OH and he would struggle in the orion shower,we tried him, it wasnt a pretty site. even if you go for a sprite with the wet room set up it is far better finished than the orion, i swear i think there is a shortage in mastic at bailey the bathroom seals are shocking!!
we also looked at the sprite major 6 as the 3 of us could use the side bunks no problem, plus there is room for our wee one to play in his own area..most of the dealers also seem to be doing the diamond package as standard now.

lollie
smiley-laughing.gif

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I did a test on the Alpine 2 for camping and caravanning club magazine, I think the Sprite offers excellent value its got good build and has a decent fron locker an a name that goes back over 60 years. However check out the new 2012 Elddis Xplores they are very good and well worth looking at plus lots of dealer specials too. If you do rallying and small sites with no electrics dont forget the whale heater will have limited use as it relies on motor to blow the heat - Sprite still fit Truma which doesnt need to have blower on to heat the van-Orion and Xplore have whale heaters

Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just had our first trip, 4 nights in our new Orion 430/4. I admit the front seats are small but the bed is oooooh soooo comfy.
Whats more, I'm 6ft and i don't mind climbing over the wife.
smiley-laughing.gif

We went for the Orion to get away from the abs fronts etc which has had more than its fair share of problems.
Next trip is 2 weeks with the grand children for a week
smiley-sealed.gif
then me and the dog in the awning for the 2nd week when our daughter joins us. It should be fun
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts