Sprite Alpine 4

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
jamestaylor18 said:
Hi all

I have traded in my Swift Fairway 460 for a Sprite Alpine 4 (2012). Anyone got an Alpine? Any comments?

Got a Sprite Muskateer TD same body shell. Two things. One mine is nose heavy so requires careful loading to get within cars 80kg noseweight limit. Such as only carry one bottle and nothing in front underbed lockers. Secondly mine showed a relatively low damp reading at the offside rear corner. But higher than the other areas. The service Center are Swift main dealers and have been for a long while. Further inspection showed very fine cracks in the area where roof joins sides at rear offside. Fortunately it had a full service history with Swift and the complete rear panel was replaced under its 6 year damp ingress warranty. I understand that because if the body and panel flexing plastic welding and fillers would not work.

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Clive! I have heard they are prone to issues with the rear panel, but tbh I’ve done a google search and not much comes up about it, which is encouraging that there isn’t loads of info about it! My plan is, collect the van, then have it serviced in 2019 prior to the 12 month warranty running out, which should show any issues up! My swift was damp in the back end too, so I’m pretty switched on in looking for damp. I have got a damp meter, and plan to use it regularly just to be on the safe side. Nose weight wise, I don’t plan to keep anything under the sofas, and keep the front locker empty other than x1 gas bottle, and leg winder! Everything else will be under the bed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
jamestaylor18 said:
Thanks Clive! I have heard they are prone to issues with the rear panel, but tbh I’ve done a google search and not much comes up about it, which is encouraging that there isn’t loads of info about it! My plan is, collect the van, then have it serviced in 2019 prior to the 12 month warranty running out, which should show any issues up! My swift was damp in the back end too, so I’m pretty switched on in looking for damp. I have got a damp meter, and plan to use it regularly just to be on the safe side. Nose weight wise, I don’t plan to keep anything under the sofas, and keep the front locker empty other than x1 gas bottle, and leg winder! Everything else will be under the bed.

James you will need to ensure that Swift hold details of all previous services if you should need to use the 6 year damp ingress warranty. Two of the previous owners services hadn’t been uploaded to Swift. They don’t accept stamps in the book they wanted to see the missing service schedule paperwork. Fortunately the previous owner had used NCC Approved workshops and when I contacted them they sent me copies of the service schedules and work carried out. Once Swift had the info they authorised the work very quickly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts