St. Ives bay site, halye

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now that this site doesn't allow dogs, does any one know of a site with similar facilities, and I DON'T mean the clubs, We went there for the open sand dunes and free beach for walking the dogs at any time of day or night.It was a perfect place to rest. has anyone found a site to replace it, it doesn't have to be Cornwall, and we don't mind if the sea is a even a short car ride, but the ajacent dunes or walking area is a must. and we can cope with basic facilities,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor, I recommend Perranporth. It has a huge beach which is fantastic for dogs all year and at any time of day or night. There is also Penhale sands which is above the beach and is a vast area of natural grass and dunes and is great for wildlife. There are 3 sites that I know here, Perransands is a Haven site and would probably be too noisy for you but try Tollgate farm, www.tollgatefarm.co.uk. This is on the hill before you go down into Perranporth and is right next to Penhale sands so it is excellent for dogs. I havent stayed here but it looks good. If you prefer to be closer to the town try Perranporth Camping & Touring Park (01872 572174). This is another quiet site, though it does have a pool and a bar that serves meals in the main season. The main advantage is you can walk into Perranporth (about 10 mins) or to the beach (about 5 mins) so you dont need to worry about parking. There is a small dog exercise area and also a footpath that passes the site and leads to country lanes. Perranporth is fairly small but can get very busy in the season and is very popular with surfers because of the excellent beach. We have been in september for the past 4 years, it is quieter then and we love it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor, you are hard to please! But why not, its your hard earned holiday so you want it to be right. Sorry, I havent been a member of the C.C. since 1982, no special reason just didnt get around to rejoining. We have also been to Black Rock Sands this year at Porthmadog North Wales. This is another huge beach with dunes behind but is only dog friendly at each end (though we did see lots of dog owners ignoring this). There is a site (Black Rock Sands) at the far end that is right on the dog friendly part of the beach. I havent stayed there but the facilities look a bit limited. The is also another very quiet site on the access road, just outside Morfa Buchan but I didnt get the name. The bonus with this area is the fabulous scenery and if the weather is good its a great place for a holiday.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you tried the Godrevy Park CC site at tbe other end of the bay. It sounds just what you are after. There is also another site directly opposite that has statics but also take tourers and campers, but I can't remember what it's called (Atlantic ?).

I also stayed at one called Beachside some years ago midway between. It's off the road from Hayle that leads to St Ives Bay, a couple of hundred yards before the 'Bucket of Blood'

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts