St.Ives, Cornwall

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for good sites withing short distance, preferably walking, of St.Ives, other than the Ayr Holiday Park. I suppose by "good" I mean clean - toilets and showers only required.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2005
Visit site
HI Steve

We stayed at Polmanter Caravan site. Excellent facilities with a club house if you want that.

Pitches good size.

Not really walking distance into St Ives, but during summer holidays there is a bus that takes you from the site into St Ives, that run frequently and quite late in the evenings.

Tracy

Jun 27, 2006
Visit site
We have stayed at Polmanter on the outskirt of St Ives on three occassions including a lovely stay last week in excellent weather. It is an excellent site with high quality facilities, including heated outdoor pool, bar/restaurant, childrens play area, tennis court, grass and all weather pitches. It is a popular site and I strongly recommend it. It is a pleasant and easy walk of about 20 minutes down a lane into St Ives.

St Ives is a most beautiful and popular resort. Only words of caution are; it can get windy in Polmanter so take good care of your awning or tent; and beware of aggressive seagulls in St Ives!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you are a memeber of the C&CC I can recommend the Temporary Holiday Site that Cornwall DA run every July / August at St Ives Rugby Club. Within an easy stroll of the town centre and beaches [well ok an easy stroll down and a bit of a hike back up].

It is very well stewarded and you can use the Rugby Club bar etc. cost is usually about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if you are a memeber of the C&CC I can recommend the Temporary Holiday Site that Cornwall DA run every July / August at St Ives Rugby Club. Within an easy stroll of the town centre and beaches [well ok an easy stroll down and a bit of a hike back up].

It is very well stewarded and you can use the Rugby Club bar etc. cost is usually about

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve

I also recommend Polmanter, excellent facilities , barn conversion clubhouse, very civilised, lovely pool.

We always stay on the GIEW pitches.

Plenty of big fields for dogs. At the top of the site is a gate to a field which then gradually takes you down to the lane to St Ives. Even a slow amble is no more than 30 mins.

As said by others there is a minibus that will bring you back to the site later in the day.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS