Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are currently seeking a quiet, high standard site ideally located around St Ives. Facalities that are very important to us are high standard toilets/showers, electric and if possible close to beach and level pitch...Any suggestions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last summer we visited Polmanter, just outside of St Ives. We were very impressed with the site, staff were very friendly and it had what we were looking for, spacious pitches with good views, what appear to be good facilities, swimming pool for the children and some entertainment put on in the evening. We've booked to go this summer so have no first hand experience...but it looks good!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Polmanter is a very good site about 1mile fron St Ives, they do have another site a little bit closer and quieter as they dont have has much going off on the site, but having said that we went in june befor the kids holidays and it was still quiet, the owner is very strict on skate boards etc and likes to keep play areas away from alot of the pitches

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I echo all these sentiments. Polmanter is just great with superb facilities -you can have a full-service pitch with hardstanding if you want. Easy access to North and South Cornwall beaches, The Lizard and West Penwith. Look no further, but they are fully booked already for the school holidays this Summer. I'm booked there for a couple of weeks in June - can't wait.

Vic

G

I thought Trevalgan Family Camping Park, St Ives, Cornwall TR26 3BJ was very nice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last summer we stayed at the sister site of Polmanter - Little Trevarrack near Carbis Bay. The pitches are big and marked out by new hedges & no one is too close together. A number of people were walking to Carbis Bay or the shops from there. Even when fully booked in early August we never had any problems getting a shower & they were always clean. A great feaure was the bus service from the site to St Ives & back - only 75p each way & last bus back @ 12.15 if you both like to have a drink & avoid the parking chaos/cost. Highly recommended - going back agian for two weeks this year - & it's cheaper than Polmanter too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts