Standards

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Not really a roundabout but I tried to return a rental car to Madrid airport. I could see the terminal building and rental compound but went past them several times on some sort of ring road. Eventually my number came up and I found the off ramp.

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
I have noticed a massive increase in drivers who have failed to keep the car’s indicator fluid topped up and in the functional range.
Mel
Soon to be a thing of the past, apparently they now fit electric indicators as standard on BMWs and Audi’s. Fingers crossed things should improve.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Mr Plodd, re Canford Bottom.

I for one far from share your enthusiasm as towing our lengthy unit I am frequently coming from the east and need to turn into Colehill Wimborne.
Then in the daytime it can prove an absolute nightmare, unless one decides to abuse the system. In the early hours of the morning it is fine!

The fundamental issue lays with the "cross hatching" zones, without having to enter these, or get your butt over them, without a clear exit, you can be stuck for absolute ages with many car and white van horns blaring out to move. The cause is vehicles streaming from the Ferndown and Poole roads totally block ones progress, leaving insufficient room for much longer than a solo car or van.
In some respects I don't doubt it is better than it was but it shows a fundamental lack of appreciation of how longer units can make that particular manoeuvre, at high traffic density times, well legally.

Travelling west from Ferndown on the A31 I dread it other than when simply going strait over along the A31.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts