Standing on caravan roof to clean

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
You could always wait for bob-a-job-week (do they still do that?) and stick a couple of cubs up there. They dont weigh much :LOL:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You could always wait for bob-a-job-week (do they still do that?) and stick a couple of cubs up there. They dont weigh much :LOL:
Unfortunately safeguarding has stopped Cubs/Scouts just going around knocking on doors, but groups still carry out organised activities such as car washing. Guess a light Scout could clamber up on top for a couple of quid.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately safeguarding has stopped Cubs/Scouts just going around knocking on doors, but groups still carry out organised activities such as car washing. Guess a light Scout could clamber up on top for a couple of quid.
Might as well get one of the kids up to earn their pocket money. :D

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not quite as short as Parksy but I can manage from a step ladder. Frankly standing on the roof when wet and slippery is just too dangerous for me to look at. I have dealt with cases of people dying or being seriously injured from fall at ground level, never mind 8 ft.

Reactions: Parksy

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have removed certain postings as they were not strictly to do with the Original Posting.

As does happen a comment is made sometimes that veers away from the topic, but when that then becomes a matter of concern due to inappropriate replies and things start getting personal , it is time to stop it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

I remember Bob a Job.

But here is a not so light and not x-scout having a go.

As said before. It really took my weight very well, but I would NOT recommend doing this.

Note if not aware.
  • Only on Bailey Alu-Tech vans
  • Very difficult to get in and out of the sky light.
  • A ladder up the side could easily move sideways.
  • It quite high
  • Is very slippy.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: Anseo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts