Stands for aquaroll water containers

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I invested in a stand for my Aquarol and it is brilliant. only cost around £15,t he aqua roll sits on it on its side and I can now use the majority of the water rather than having to refill a half empty container. Thumbs up to whoever made that bit of kit (might have been Aquarol to be honest). And I didn't know that they existed until a few weeks ago.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
saint-spoon said:
I can now use the majority of the water rather than having to refill a half empty container.

We've never had any problems being able to use all the water in our Aquaroll, and that's with it sitting upright. Is your pump tubing long enough?

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Ha ha I asked this a little while back about whether or not they came into different lengths as the inlet sits just a little bit too low on my Adria and the hose has to go up and over the lip if it is upright on a level pitch. Obviously you need to sit the water cylinder a little bit away from the van to stop the connector being under stress and that shortens the in cylinder hose length. The aquarol stand has totally sorted this problem out.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
OK ;)

Edit -- could you have just put the aquaroll on its side without the stand, although you may have needed a couple of wedges to stop it rolling? That would make it even lower.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have done that a few times, roll on its side, my pump and hose units are the metre long ones not the 800mm. On one i have a insulated it with the foam tubeing for water pipes for winter use and this stops the pipe from Kinking, and saves he water from freezing, on those lovely crisp mornings crunching through the snow.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I use a waterhog on it's side with a quick foot trod on the dragging handle keeps it in place.

The earlier stand posted via the google link says for use without a pump. Basically like the good old beer barrel stands when a proper tap is used, not gas.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
KeefySher said:
The earlier stand posted via the google link says for use without a pump.

There are two different sizes of Aquaroll and it is only the larger size (40 ltr) that has a hole top AND side. The smaller one only has a top hole and therefore when used on its side cannot have a pump inserted. This is the one that needs to have a tap instead. The larger one can also be used with a tap if required as both sizes have the same diameter holes.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I did consider using wedges to hold the barrel in position because the problem was that the top of the barrel cap thread was slightly higher than the bottom of the water hose connection (on a flat and level pitch) meaning that I had to site the barrel a bit futher away from the van so as to get the hose up and over without putting stress on the pistol grip (which as I discovered comes apart very easily if you do stress it). But a friend told me about these bits of kit I opted for buying one because for a tenner it does the job and is easier than fiddling around with wedges.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
not really to be honest although I have not tried taking it apart. it isn't very heavy and fits in my gas locker (although I am not sure about how much it affects the nose weight). I normally just throw it into the caravan on top of the awning and aquarol and wastehog thingy.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
saint-spoon said:
I did consider using wedges to hold the barrel in position because the problem was that the top of the barrel cap thread was slightly higher than the bottom of the water hose connection (on a flat and level pitch) meaning that I had to site the barrel a bit futher away from the van so as to get the hose up and over without putting stress on the pistol grip (which as I discovered comes apart very easily if you do stress it). But a friend told me about these bits of kit I opted for buying one because for a tenner it does the job and is easier than fiddling around with wedges.

Seems to me it's more faffing about using the stand. You have to stand the aquaroll up then lay it down onto the stand whereas with wedges you wouldn't even need to remove the handle if you didn't want to and of course you'd be using the large one, not the small one in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxOglDNSkDM

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
After doing some more reading/googling it appears the stand is raising the horizontal barrel up by about 1 ft to enable campers to get a container under the side tap. By raising it up that amount then the new 'top' opening (on a 40 ltr barrel) will be about the same as if the barrel was vertical. :(

As I also have trouble with the van inlet being about the height of a 40 ltr barrel and therefore pinching the tubes I will try using the barrel on its side directly on the ground, utilising wedges I carry in the van in any case. A couple of weeks ago we were at CC Pandy site and had to put the aquaroll on the grass which was a couple of inches higher than the hardstanding which did make it difficult for the pipe. I didn't think to lay the barrel on its side. :side: :whistle:

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
WC, It is not quite as high as it was but it does give the added advantage of allowing you to rotate the top of the barrel slightly towards the hose connector thus lowering the top of the caravan side of the cap screw. that works very well for me.

Chrisbee, I just lift mine on to be honest but I am strong enough to do that, I could see how it would definitely be a faff if you couldn't just pick the full barrel up and had to do the tipping over thing.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We are away at the moment and I usually stand the Aquaroll upright but to level the van I have had to lower the jockey right down. This means that the water inlet is lower than the top of the Aquaroll so I have done what I normall do and that is use the Aquaroll on it's side with wedges to stop it moving.

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I use a stand as well. Another benefit is that it doesn't kill the grass and keeps the aquaroll clean from mud and slugs. The stand hardly takes any room since things fit around and in it.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
SteveC2 said:
I use a stand as well. Another benefit is that it doesn't kill the grass and keeps the aquaroll clean from mud and slugs. The stand hardly takes any room since things fit around and in it.

For a small investment it solved a problem that I had, there are added advantages like not killing the grass on longer stays as well. It works for me but some folk like to find negativity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts