Starting to get withdrawal symptoms...

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It’s only been a couple of weeks since we took the van out but I am getting a spot of withdrawal. More importantly the kids are asking me when we are next going. Fortunately we have a few trips booked for the coming months and will be right back in full swing come February. It’s a pity that we have to do the x-mas thing to be honest... but the kids seem to like it.

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Me too! Not been out since mid September when we went to Devon for a week, then its been none stop with weekend things to do! I had ere marked next weekend, but now the OH might not be able to do Friday off now, so that might put the mockers on things! :(

Hopefully I can use my powers of persuasion! Looking at going to Cannock Chase C&CC site hopefully, but it shuts at the end of October, so its now or never!

Anyone know any other good places in NW England that close late? ie > October.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Next weekend is half term with an INCET day on Friday, so off to a CC CL near Alton Towers for a long weekend. The following weekend on a CL in Bristol for friends pearl wedding anniversary bash.

Middle of December serviced pitch at Littlehampton for a weekend.

February half term at Baltic Wharf.

and as many other trips as we fit in. The beauty of having our home from home on wheels :)

No chance of getting withdrawal symptoms.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
half term next week so we are away for the week down to West Bay. The kids are already counting down the number of sleeps until we go caravanning. We have a weekend at Sandy Balls in November and away for new year's eve as well which will be nice. then January and February are full of pre-spring jaunts up into the New Forest. The anticipation of next week is now over riding the withdrawal.

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
We haven't been away since May :(

We had a baby in July which has slightly got in the way of playing out, towbar should be here this week for the new car though so should get away a few times before the end of the year :)

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
jamestaylor18 said:
Me too! Not been out since mid September when we went to Devon for a week, then its been none stop with weekend things to do! I had ere marked next weekend, but now the OH might not be able to do Friday off now, so that might put the mockers on things! :(

Hopefully I can use my powers of persuasion! Looking at going to Cannock Chase C&CC site hopefully, but it shuts at the end of October, so its now or never!

Anyone know any other good places in NW England that close late? ie > October.

Caravan Club site at Bury open all year, but it is more up the road near Ramsbottom,

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Cento16v said:
We haven't been away since May :(

We had a baby in July which has slightly got in the way of playing out, towbar should be here this week for the new car though so should get away a few times before the end of the year :)

Congrats on the baby.

We took out daughter tent camping at 6 weeks, then ordered a MH and spent most weekends of her first winter away in that. We had an all terrain pram (Silver Cross) that went anywhere and took her out and about. 10 years on and we have gone soft with a grade three insulated caravan c/w central heating.

Great way to bring up children :) :)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Congrats Cento, our eldest daughter was camping under canvass from just over a year but as Mrs Spoon was pregnant with the youngest we packed up after two nights as it was very wet, very windy and the material to the inner tent ripped (it was a new tent as well. fast forward a couple of years and we were back out under canvass before we decided to upgrade to a caravan. the girls now aged 7 and 5 have been camping for most of their lives and now love caravanning. we spend a lot of the late autumn and winter months at sites with EHU and swimming pools and so on to keep them entertained as we refuse to have a telly in the c-van, from mid March onwards we tend towards the pitch where you like New forest sites which have shower blocks but no EHU, the kids get to run around and meet new friends each weekend away. Is there a healthier way to spend weekends as a child?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Those tent anecdotes remind me of our first trip in one. We bought it just before Easter and set off Good Friday for the Galloway coast. Pitched overlooking the sea with great views. A storm blew up in the night and it was freezing. Had to get out of bed to re peg getting wet through. Our daughter who would be about the at the time crawled under the dividing curtain and asked if this was fun. It did not take long for us to progress to a caravan.
Withdrawal not set in yet as we only got back from Chester yesterday. Only damage was the credit cards in the outlet shops and the gas running out when cooking dinner when it was raining outside.

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi. How about the C&C Club Site over at Scarborough (Scalby Site) I was there a couple of weeks ago. Site has its own Chip Shop. Also a Crown Carvery at the top end of the Site. Not too far out of Scarborough itself. Also Whitby, Filey and Pickering within easy reach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts