Static tourer!

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
We are in the very first stages of moving into caravanning - ie just thinking about buying. We know little or nothing about it (other than what I have learned from PC and these postings). Thing is, we don't particularly want to tow a caravan around, but would like to have one permanently on a site on the Llyn Peninsula. Ideally, we would want to be on a quiet farm type site and would not want the full amenities. However, we have nowhere to store a van at home, so would want to keep it on site over winter as well as in the season. Nor do we really want one of the huge static vans - rather a four berth tourer for us and a couple of guests. Friends have said that this would be difficult unless the site had mains 'hook-ups' etc, as the battery would need charging.Are we being totally unrealistic, or do such facilities exist? If so, what are the possible things we will need to take into consideration?

Many thanks

Steve (PS haven't quite sussed out the username thing yet)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the relaxing world of vaning. We have kept our van at Bryn Gloch caravan park for the past three years. This is on the Llyn near begellert. The site is fab, well kept situated at the bottom of a beautiful valley with a river flowing through the center. Really quite site with excellent clean facilies. Sorry no anoying & noisey club house. There is a really good pub not far plus all the other actvities the llyn offer close too hand. Most of the seasonal pitches are hard standing and have mains water, electricity and drainage making life easier. We site it there from feb - October and use it every weekend, the kidds love it so do we. We only take it off twice once for its service anf the other time is our summer vacation to france, this year were of to france five weeks in the vendee!!!!. Oh yes we also winter store the van at the site to. Look at the website www.bryngloch.co.uk Oh yes it won the AA caravan site of the year award 2005. Good luck and let me know if you need any further information.

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the relaxing world of vaning. We have kept our van at Bryn Gloch caravan park for the past three years. This is on the Llyn near begellert. The site is fab, well kept situated at the bottom of a beautiful valley with a river flowing through the center. Really quite site with excellent clean facilies. Sorry no anoying & noisey club house. There is a really good pub not far plus all the other actvities the llyn offer close too hand. Most of the seasonal pitches are hard standing and have mains water, electricity and drainage making life easier. We site it there from feb - October and use it every weekend, the kidds love it so do we. We only take it off twice once for its service anf the other time is our summer vacation to france, this year were of to france five weeks in the vendee!!!!. Oh yes we also winter store the van at the site to. Look at the website www.bryngloch.co.uk Oh yes it won the AA caravan site of the year award 2005. Good luck and let me know if you need any further information.
Thanks loftyboy - that is really helpful (and reassuring). I was begining to get concerned that the sites I visited on the web only talked about a 'per night' tarrif and not the full season. Obviously, we will need to arrange a site before we buy a van and I will certainly have a look at the site you suggest. I know that end of Snowdonia well and it is wonderful (I have also spent some great summers camping in the Vendee, just using small municipal sites). Getting a bit too soft for a life under canvas now, so a caravan offers a great alternative - and an inexpensive way of having a place to stay in one of our favourite parts of the world. Thanks again for the advice - it is much appreciated. Maybe we will catch up with you in Bryn Gloch!

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts