Status 530 Aerial fault

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For my recent trip to Scotland I purchased a meter from Maplins to get the best aerial direction. When I first used the meter there was no change when plugged into the aerial. I was about to take it back to Maplins when I tested it on the house aerial and then on the aerial I had for many years to put on a mast before having a 530. I have checked the plug for connection or shorts OK. I have taken the 530 off the van but does anybody know how to get into the unit to check connections inside before I start poping out what seem to be the many screw covers

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have just had problems with my status 530. Very poor picture no matter what I did. I connected the aerial directly to the van cable (i.e. bypassing the amplifier) - got a reasonable picture. Replaced the amp and now all is well.

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
We also seem to have a problem with the status aerial. Tried it out at the weekend for only second time. On looking at manual it says there should be a red light on in the box in the cupboard but no red light to be seen. Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

John and Fiona

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi

On the Status amplifier there will be a switch underneath that turns it on and off, I think from memory if you slide it to the left it will be on and the red light will illuminate. If you are not getting the light on check that the 12v plug is fully inserted. Once you have the red light lit it is worth checking that you have the ariel leads are in the correct holes. One is for the radio (if fitted) which is labelled "FM" and the other is "TV"

You may have to use a continuity tester on the cables to find out which is which, basically very simple,

Another point worth mentioning is that when you are approaching the site take note at the tv antennas on the rooftops to get a rough bearing on the direction but also look at the polarisation ie: are the in the horizontal plane or the vertical plane. you may well find that if you can't get a signal your polarisation is wrong and that you may have to tilt the Status ariel on its side (vertical polarisation) which is why you need to check the locals!

Hope this helps.

I use a sat dish on the floor and always get the footie

May 31, 2010
Visit site
On the status amp there's a switch to turn on the power it's the one on the right as you look at it you need this for the aerial to work and the one on the left is the booster.

My routine is turn on status, plug in tv signal finder and turn on, rotate aerial while looking at signal at watch lights as thats the strength of signal you the most lights it displays thats where you should leave it. Then plug in tv and search for channels.

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
If you have a multimeter unplug the power lead and check you have 12 volts there.

There are three possibilities:

1 the LED is dead (unlikely)

2 no 12 V

3 Dead unit

In case 2 it is a matter of tracing back and checking wiring and fuses

In case 3 contact Grade UK about a replacement - mine was replaced FOC'

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
As I understand there was a fault with the Status amplifier,the techie from Grade replaced mine FOC in 2008 but many people may not have realised the aerial was faulty eg satellite receivers etc.Hopefully a phone call to Grade will get a result.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
ah bonjour misure deli belinice to see you are still alert.

Not too muck stella I hope .

When do you get home ..... Galaxy coming Sunday

Sir Roger

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Funnily enough Sir Roger I found a six pack of Stella when I was unpacking but its gone now so Salut to you.Well done with the Galaxy,you sure dont hang around.

All the best

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
The secret is preparation. If you know where you are going before you leave, put the map ref or postcode (former preferred)into www.wolfbane.com and it will show you which transmitter serves the area, the channels it uses, the direction to point the aerial, and what quality of aerial you will need. Then all you need is a cheap compass as the aerial only needs to be within about +/-10 deg of where it should be.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a problem with our booster recently. We now always use satalite but had to resort to the status 530 recently when I was unable to get a signal on the dish. I too found the red light was not on. Checked power to the booster that was fine. Dealer replaced the booster free of charge, the van was still under warranty. He told me the older boosters were very suseptable to any type of power surge which would result in the booster blowing. The newer boosters have a yellow sticker on the back. Once I fitted the repacement booster all was well. My dealer also told me they had replaced a number of these recently.

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Just following up on our earlier post. Where can i check if the power is getting through to the booster box just in case this is why the red light is not coming on?
Thanks

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The power comes in via a small black plug; I would simply pull this out and with my multi meter set at 20volt DC check it is "live".
If I had not got the meter I would remove all the plugs and lift the unit off its two screws [ it should slide up] then take it into somebody else's van and plug in their small power lead into it, to see if it lights up. Well I would not, I would go to Maplins and for a few quid I would buy a cheapo multi meter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts