Staying at Disney

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Dear All,

Has anyone ever stopped overnight in the car park at Disneyland Resort Paris? We have arrived early in the morning (with just the car) and seen dozens of motorhomes parked up in the right-hand car park. We presume they must have parked up overnight.

We're travelling from the Vendee to Calais, leaving Friday and needing to be in Calais on Sunday so we thought we'd overnight at Disney on the Friday night, spend Saturday in the park and travel to Calais on Saturday evening.

If anyone can share their experience of stopping overnight at Disney, we'd be most grateful.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
We stayed at the Eurocamp independant site (Verdelot) recently. Didn't see much of the site as we stayed all 3 days at Disney, just returning for sleep. Verdelot was about a 40minute drive from Disney. Not a bad site, but the pitches, although huge, were quite uneven. Next time (if we do Disney again) we would investigate staying on Disney's site itself, and cut out the drive (and tolls) and we would not try to do 3 days solid at Disney, by day 3 we were wandering around aimlesslely, all completely knackered. With hindsight, we would have had a day off in the middle to recover.

Cheers

David

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi David,

If you're staying for a few days or more, I'd recommend "Camping 4 Vents" - it's about 30 minutes from Disneyland and there are no tolls en route.

I'd agree with breaking up your visit to the parks - it allows you to make more of each day and stops you from being Disney'ed out.

We're hoping to stop in the Disney car park overnight - I don't think there are any facilities (water, power, waste etc) but that would be ok for one night. I just can't find anyone who's stopped there.

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
I have been here a few times.

Quick (long) summary

It is just a tarmac car park, officially it has a waste point and water taps for use by coaches and motorhomes between the end of Easter to the end of Autumn.

In summer, the dumping point, designed for coaches, is open, and you can drive on, and empty the waste water over a large "cattle grid" type point. The toilet is also emptied here, literally just pour it behind the back wheel. As you drive off the waste point flushes itself and sprays the grid. There are a row of taps on the coach side, these are used to fill all the coach water tanks, but I've also seen them used to clean toilets, wash cassettes etc, so it's up to you whether you drink from them. We filled the motorhome here, and put in sterilising tablets, but drank bottled water from Auchan in Val d'Europe just up the road.

There is a coach drivers wash and rest room, male and female, with a fresh water point outside for filling containers etc.

In spite of notices stating the facilities were for coach drivers only, nobody objected if you used them, as we did for both toilet and showers, for the family.

It was also much abused, people ran hookups from the shaver points to their motorhomes, someone even drove his mobility scooter into one of the drivers seating areas to plug into charge for several nights running.

It isn't a particularly quiet site, there was music from Disney, generators ran until one o'clock, but if you parked a bit further away from the walkway it was fairly quiet, we only got caught on the first night.

Vans were starting and moving quite early, as people got up and left, and also quite late as people came from the shows and left. Having said that, there weren't people running round, or making a great noise however, it was more the background type of noise. We have season tickets, so we have actually parked up for a week, without going into the park, and caught the metro to Paris, from the station at Eurodisney, and saw the sites, then returned at night to sleep. We then stayed another week to visit Disney with the kids.

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Sorry it's too late to answer MAM's posting, but we've only recently come back from Devon ourselves, but I hope it helps every one else. And as it's a private aire at Disney, it's strictly motorhomes only I'm afraid, no caravans or tents are allowed to stay.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Michael,

Just caught yor response.

We're leaving for Dover this evening and catching an early ferry on Saturday. The visit to Disney will be on our return in two weeks.

Are you absolutley definate about the "no caravan" rule? For one night we don't need power and water - just a parking space.

Also, do you know what the daily cost is?

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Definately only motorhomes for overnight stops, I can't remember the price as we have a season ticket, but it was dearer than the car price.

Aug 18, 2008
Visit site
We stayed at the Eurocamp independant site (Verdelot) recently. Didn't see much of the site as we stayed all 3 days at Disney, just returning for sleep. Verdelot was about a 40minute drive from Disney. Not a bad site, but the pitches, although huge, were quite uneven. Next time (if we do Disney again) we would investigate staying on Disney's site itself, and cut out the drive (and tolls) and we would not try to do 3 days solid at Disney, by day 3 we were wandering around aimlesslely, all completely knackered. With hindsight, we would have had a day off in the middle to recover.

Cheers

David
we stayed at camping 4 vents and it was great. pool was not heated though and kids only "dipped", but pitches were really big and is very close to disney. they also had a paella night on the sunday when we got there and a live band! definately would stop there again.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Just come back from staying at 4 vents really nice camp site and very close to Disney 20 minutes very clean and tidy. Disney was great for my grandaughter but eating in the parks is very expensive and all fast food unless you want to wait a very long time to be served, as it is school holidays and what I expected queues very very long and loads of people but my grandaughter is only 5 years old and thought it was magical the fireworks after the 10.30 pm parade were fantastic well worth staying for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts