Staying at service stations

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've done it several times now at Baie de la Somme, near Abbeville, and in the past at a Service Area near to St Omer - but I wouldn't do it on an Aire that we weren't already familiar with (having visited it in daylight hours) or that wasn't recommended by someone else.

We only do it on our first night because we arrive in France too late to find an open campsite - but out of choice. When we can get earlier ferries, then we prefer a campsite - and we've never had problems finding a pitch when we've arrived early enough.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i have stayed at service stations in France and Spain , the only trouble i have had is a lorry parking 9 inches away from the door of the caravan and i had to climb out of the window on the opposite side ,and pull forward to let my wife out ,the part i was in was for caravans only

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I did this for years but following three incidents decided to accept the general advice and not do it. If I found myself stuck due to unforeseen circumstances, I would have no choice but it would be anything other than a restful night!

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
we have done it a couple of times but don't sleep for long its very noisy and hard to settle.Just do it when we are desperate for a break

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
We have done it for years and I like it for the freedom of just pulling up when I feel enough is enough, we normaly try to get the one's which have got pleant of caravans/motorholmes already parked up.

Craig

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts