stealth caravans

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Looking at the photographs on their website, it's hardly surprising that they didn't let too many people into their caravans at once. The furnishings have so many sharp corners that it would be quite impossible for more than two people inside to get out of each other's way without getting bruised. If it weren't for the kitchen the inside would look like a cabin on board a North Sea ferry. Very minimalistic for the price.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
ps: Perhaps their MD would refer to the interior design as 'cutting edge', only this time it's supposed to be taken literally.
jumpie.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We could not get really close on Sunday to have a good look around, but just a quick glance at the back of one of the vans and noticing that they could not even fit the corner steadies level convinced me we will not see many Stealths on the road next year.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
How did Dumpster manage to get 15 people into a caravan without them going through the floor? As for the queue ropes why was there a sign stating that you could only look if you were buying?

Although Ikea will still be around, I would be surprised if Dumpster are still around for the next show in February giving all the negative feedback on just about every caravan forum. A lot of people did not like the design but the overall consensus seems to be that quality was the pits and the price far too high.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I should point out at this juncture that the opinions expressed on this subject are the personal reflections of those who were at the NEC show.

Dunster House have invested time and money into their venture, according to the many comments on this and other forums the overwhelming consensus of opinion appears to be that they need to re think some aspects of their design and perhaps also their marketing strategy at caravan shows.

One hopes that Dunster House will use the feedback available to improve things where possible if they deem it necessary.

I wouldn't like to think that forum speculation as to the future trading position of Dunster would cost jobs and such speculation is unhelpful.

I wouldn't expect anyone from Dunster House to try to answer criticisms on forums such as this one and my opinion is that they wouldn't get a fair hearing and certainly not an easy ride from the very experienced caravanners who are members of all caravan forums.

Constructive criticism is fair comment but no speculative or defamatory remarks please.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I should point out at this juncture that the opinions expressed on this subject are the personal reflections of those who were at the NEC show.

Dunster House have invested time and money into their venture, according to the many comments on this and other forums the overwhelming consensus of opinion appears to be that they need to re think some aspects of their design and perhaps also their marketing strategy at caravan shows.

One hopes that Dunster House will use the feedback available to improve things where possible if they deem it necessary.

I wouldn't like to think that forum speculation as to the future trading position of Dunster would cost jobs and such speculation is unhelpful.

I wouldn't expect anyone from Dunster House to try to answer criticisms on forums such as this one and my opinion is that they wouldn't get a fair hearing and certainly not an easy ride from the very experienced caravanners who are members of all caravan forums.

Constructive criticism is fair comment but no speculative or defamatory remarks please.
I understand that Dunster want to give their customers space to view properly but all the other manufacturers manage to sell pleanty of caravans by allowing free access to their vans. If the show is busy and the product is worth viewing... people will wait!

I went to the show with the full intention of buying a new 'van and the more I think about it, the more insulted I feel at the assumption by the salesman that I 'just wanted to be nosey'

With this attitude, I'm afraid they deserve all the criticism they get if it's constructive or not. They have upset a lot of people and the arrogance of this company will take a long time to forgive.

I hope they learn from this for the next show.

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!

Jane

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I understand that Dunster want to give their customers space to view properly but all the other manufacturers manage to sell pleanty of caravans by allowing free access to their vans. If the show is busy and the product is worth viewing... people will wait!

I went to the show with the full intention of buying a new 'van and the more I think about it, the more insulted I feel at the assumption by the salesman that I 'just wanted to be nosey'

With this attitude, I'm afraid they deserve all the criticism they get if it's constructive or not. They have upset a lot of people and the arrogance of this company will take a long time to forgive.

I hope they learn from this for the next show.

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!

Jane
I know how you feel Jane but if the comments start to break the rules of the forum then we have to take them down or face the threat of possible legal action.

If the comments stay within what could be argued is 'fair comment' they stay on here and others will get the picture.

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
We couldn't go the NEC so we travelled from Manchester to Lincoln on Saturday to Dunster House. Shambolic. But glad we went - to put to bed the thought that the Stealth would be worth buying. My husband is an engineer! Because we were the only ones there he went over it with a fine toothcomb Crwaling underneath and everything. The inlet/outlet pipes holes were too big and not sealed-you could see the road. The awning rail would never work-nowhere to feed it in and crushed together. When he removed the toilet casette the stray wires that were in the box disconnected. The bathroom sink was wobbly. The tv bracket was broken and the screws holding it on the wall were straight through to the bedroom wall. I could not get around the bed at all. Cut my trousers on the sticky out handles on the seats. There was already marks form stones on the black front. The shape of the front means you have to carry the stinky waste container in your clean caravan - and everything else you normally put in the locker. Even the outside covers were not straight - simple things that mean you can charge 20k or not 20k. The manufacturing quality is appalling - it actually looks like a butty wagon from the outside - look at the corners. I will run out of space if I said everything that he found. The saleswoman did! Bailey/Swift/etc and my Hymer have it right. Despite small problems they are excellent - and it just shows what goes into a caravan when you see how badly they can be made. Couldn't find a long enough barge pole - but I pity anyone who actually buys it. It will not stand the hammer of a normal family weekend let alone a full holiday in my opinion. It is just not robust enough. Very bad. Shame!

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Just had a look at their website - questions: Why the big black condom on the front? And what's so interesting about loose laid carpet edges? Why no shots of where you're supposed to eat?

These vans have got to be really, really good to attract punters, as cheap they are certainly not. Remember the Voyager? Now that looked very good and radical, but what happened to it?

Mike

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site
I was also curious about these when I first saw the layouts, but after taking a good scout around their website it would appear that they are more akin to selling wooden garden sheds / stables and summer houses, I thought they were going to be something differant but at the end of the day it's just another caravan that some one has made a new front moulding for, and kitted out to their own design......Mark

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
Dunster House deserve credit for trying to do something different but I get the impression that someone senior in the company had what they thought was a good idea, everyone around agreed, not enough market research was done on the design and this is the result.

Leisure caravans have been around for, what, 100 years? In that time, numerous layouts and designs have been tried and failed the ultimate test, commercial success. The result may be only a few basic designs and this may seem boring but that is what people want because that's what they have bought.

There is only so much you can do with a basic box shape - manufacturers should concentrate on quality rather than innovation, IMO.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Innovative, individual and expensive imo. No proven track record on integrity and longevity. As far as I can see it's just another shuffle of the pack to determine where the lounge and bathroom go.

On the basis most sites we choose have lovely views why would I want my lounge in the centre??

Bailey had a try with a variation when then they brought out the Series 6 Pageant Vendee, ie bedroom at front lounge at rear. Did it catch on? Well, they don't make it anymore.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Vendee was also made with the bed in the rear and a big bathroom shower area. Why they then moved the bed to the front was beyond belief!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts