stereotyping car drivers

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Is there a law that says if you have a Subaru Imprezza you need to shave your hair and wear a ski jacket? And can you only have a BMW 3 series if you're balding with a moustache and sunglasses? Anyone noticed any common traits among drivers of other car types?

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
What about the Corsa/Astra/Clio and the like - early 20's, baseball cap, Puffa jacket or hoodie, baggy trousers (preferably camouflage) with the crotch hanging to their knees and lots and lots of Argos jewellery, the chunkier the better.

Oh, and the car looks like it crashed into Halfords and has an exhaust pipe with the diameter of a dustbin :)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What about the Corsa/Astra/Clio and the like - early 20's, baseball cap, Puffa jacket or hoodie, baggy trousers (preferably camouflage) with the crotch hanging to their knees and lots and lots of Argos jewellery, the chunkier the better.

Oh, and the car looks like it crashed into Halfords and has an exhaust pipe with the diameter of a dustbin :)
Janey

Loved the Argos jewellery bit, how true!!

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was introduced to the world of "Classic car" ownership last year. Always thought they were a bunch of facial hair loving, real ale drinking amateur mechanics. Little did I know how seedy and backstabbing their world could be. The rarer a car is the worse it gets, so the next time you see an old Ford Corsair or Vauxhall Vagabond in immaculate condition be wary, getting it looking so good wasn't easy or pretty.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I was introduced to the world of "Classic car" ownership last year. Always thought they were a bunch of facial hair loving, real ale drinking amateur mechanics. Little did I know how seedy and backstabbing their world could be. The rarer a car is the worse it gets, so the next time you see an old Ford Corsair or Vauxhall Vagabond in immaculate condition be wary, getting it looking so good wasn't easy or pretty.
Have you got a classic Lol if so what. Oh by the way I sport facial hair but I wont take offence

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No Martyn, I would like one but have no garage to store it in. Always fancied a Jaguar 420 but there's no way I would leave something like that on the road at night.

Oh, and I have facial hair too!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh Lol

Oh dear, what happened, you sound traumatised, bitter and twisted, my friend from Notts.

I owned a Morris Minor years ago, used to spend hours each weekend washing/polishing the bodywork and buffing up the chrome. Sold it five years later for more than I paid for it.

Go one, tell us what happened then.

Lisa x

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
yes come on Lol spill the beans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Far from it Lisa, I was introduced to Classic cars but was never part of the circle. I had a friend that was trying to restore a car and he recalled all the dirty tricks involved with sourcing parts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure about other marques but land Rover Owners generally smell the same as the dogs that enjoy the vehicle as much as the owner.

This smell is a heady mixture of EP90, straw, hay and feed - either dog or horse. As for type of person it can be anything from the farm hand to the local GP.

Land rover owners in the country usually nod or wave to each other and have a quite laugh at the uninitiated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh Lol

Oh dear, what happened, you sound traumatised, bitter and twisted, my friend from Notts.

I owned a Morris Minor years ago, used to spend hours each weekend washing/polishing the bodywork and buffing up the chrome. Sold it five years later for more than I paid for it.

Go one, tell us what happened then.

Lisa x
That's the thing with a good classic Lisa; you don't loose money on them, and a lot of cars you don't pay road tax on. It's like free motoring and lets face it there are some very likable cars out there.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh right

I understand now. I've climbed over a fair few at scrap yards looking for parts for my moggie. (Cars, not scrap yard men!!).

There's no such thing as 'diet' it's 'healthy eating'. And, wine is good for you. Brandy, excellent for a shock.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh right

I understand now. I've climbed over a fair few at scrap yards looking for parts for my moggie. (Cars, not scrap yard men!!).

There's no such thing as 'diet' it's 'healthy eating'. And, wine is good for you. Brandy, excellent for a shock.

Lisa
I'll set up some electrodes, then I'm off to the shops!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I have a 1955 Hillman Minx convertible.57000 miles never welded original hood and interior, I love it. Out on a summer evening or Sunday afternoon-it don't get any better. And Lol you are right on cost. No road tax

TRENDING THREADS