Sterling 2009 model

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Went to the NEC last years with the intention of purchasing one,looked good in the pictures but in the flesh didnt look that great,wanted the Aldi heating but could live with the interior.

Dont want to upset people who have and like this van so it is my own opinon everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mikey, we have a eccles topaz, whch we think is great however.

The dark wood effect worktop at the front of the van is being changed as it was scratched when we picked it up, but now we have seen another scratchs on the sideboard top. Im just wonering if anybody has got a similar issue, as we are very carefull in the van(to the point of being obsessed according to hwmbo) and as such are theses tops going to scratch everytime you look at them.

Kevin

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi Trucker we were considering the Eccles Jewel but could not live with the dark interior, so was the case with the Swift and Abbey equverlant type of van mainly the type of decor these vans used. We plumped for the Ace Firestar with the softer furnishings, this was our personel choice, bit peeved Swift discontinued the Ace and Abbey rangers.

Hope this helps.

NigelH

Ps we have know problems with worktops scratching as in the othet report on this issue.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Two things always to avoid.

1/ black cars, always look dirty.

2/ Shiny/gloss finished kitchen worktops, they scratch too easily.

Had both, never again.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I really love the 2009 Sterling interiors, think they are really modern looking and wish we had one. We have a 2006 Sterling Eccles onyx and it has dark blue worktops which have been great, no scratches and look as good as new.

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin, we have always bought Sterling but this time we have gone for Swift because I disliked the interior of the Sterling. They are afterall made by the same group just with different names and colour schemes. I just didn't like the colour of the wood or the dark worktops. Could envisage them getting scratched very easily as I can see has already happened with one owner. We saw the caravan without the carpets and the vinyl flooring just didn't match in with the light wood - looks a bit like paint and grain. Everyone's tastes are different but just wasn't for us. Helen.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Helen, is the vinal different in the Swift. We use the carpet most of the time exept summer, ( this will be the first one for the Sterling) as said we did like the colour sceme and woodwork, did like the challanger as well but looked very similar to the Abbey we just part exed

Enjoy your Swift. Were off to Longleat on Friday for 5 days will be busy as b/h, but by Monday most will proberbly have gone home.

Kevin

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen, is the vinal different in the Swift. We use the carpet most of the time exept summer, ( this will be the first one for the Sterling) as said we did like the colour sceme and woodwork, did like the challanger as well but looked very similar to the Abbey we just part exed

Enjoy your Swift. Were off to Longleat on Friday for 5 days will be busy as b/h, but by Monday most will proberbly have gone home.

Kevin
Hi Trucker, the vinyl floor is the same colour in both vans but because the wood colour in the swift was warmer it seemed to match in better. We are changing from a Sterling to a Swift purely because we prefer the colour scheme in the swift. Everything else was exactly the same. Helen

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mikey, we have a eccles topaz, whch we think is great however.

The dark wood effect worktop at the front of the van is being changed as it was scratched when we picked it up, but now we have seen another scratchs on the sideboard top. Im just wonering if anybody has got a similar issue, as we are very carefull in the van(to the point of being obsessed according to hwmbo) and as such are theses tops going to scratch everytime you look at them.

Kevin
Hi Trucker. We picked up our new 09 Amethyst the other week and on the first night of using it (en route home) noticed slight scratches on the kitchen surface and font chest (we'd even checked it before leaving the dealership!). I've not seen any other posts on this topic, so wondered how yours were holding up? and if others had experience problems now we're well into 2009?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts