Sterling Eccles 2006 blind

Jun 6, 2024
Visit site
Hi people

Mick from oz needs some assistance
The window beside the bed got blown out sometime ago but in the process of getting it fixed the repairer failed to notice that the blind was missing

I’m stuck as there aren’t dealers that carry spares
The part I’m after is the inner window part that contains the blind and fly screen

Window was replaced with a blade

The part is a Seitz/Polyvision blind 1195x645mm

I have a cost on the part at £75

But the cost of freight has not been costed in yet, this kinda frightens me as I’m anticipating it to be double the part cost

The options I have are
1. Pay the part and transport
2. Try and source the blind material
3. Put in a roller blind that would pull down from the top

Have anyone had a similar issue and fixed it by doing option 2 or 3
If so what did you do?

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_3488.jpeg
    IMG_3488.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 1
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
An extremely remote possibility that we may be able to help depending on size of package, but where about in Oz are you located?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Have you tried Glossop Caravans? They ship caravans worldwide including Australia so might have a way of getting a blind over cheaper if they’ve got a caravan coming over?

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think I have just found out why carriage is so expensive. On arrival in Oz whatever is being imported needs to go through a bio scan and certified as being fit for importation. This could be the reason for the huge cost.

Also another reason why a contact cannot bring any article in their luggage into Australia as the rules are very strict. Apologies to the OP if I raised their hopes. :(

Reactions: GaryB
Jun 6, 2024
Visit site
I think I have just found out why carriage is so expensive. On arrival in Oz whatever is being imported needs to go through a bio scan and certified as being fit for importation. This could be the reason for the huge cost.

Also another reason why a contact cannot bring any article in their luggage into Australia as the rules are very strict. Apologies to the OP if I raised their hopes. :(
Thanks for the information. I think you'll find that its purely a logistics/ freight issue plus size and distance

The contact can bring the parcel as long as he is satisfied that he has seen it prior to packing or packs it himself

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts