Sterling Eccles Sport Control Panel Query

Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Hello All - My 2012 IMG_20230803_212848.jpgSwift/Sterling control panel, when hooked up to the car, shows an AMBER light within the 'Car' graphic. I cannot find anything in the manual to say why that LED isn't green like when hooked up to a mains post. Any ideas? Image shows the panel, typical of loads of vans.
Thanks for any help.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......an amber light will show in the car graphic when hooked up to the car with the engine running.
This indicates that the 12volt supplies from car to caravan (refrigerator and battery charging) are activated as is the habitation relay.
The habitation relay isolates all the other caravan 12volt systems from the car.
Road lighting on the caravan is not affected.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022
Visit site
Thanks Gafferbill. Appreciate the info. I expected that light to be green, not amber as I'm sure on my previous van, a sprite major 6 2012 it was green. The amber foxed me. Do you know if a green light would show in a different circumstance? They're both the same control units

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....if your caravan is hooked up to your car with the engine off and you select the vehicle, then the 12volt power in the caravan is provided by the vehicle battery only. The vehicle graphic will show a green light.
The control unit will also show a series of lights showing the state of charge of the vehicle battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts