Sterling Searcher in-line pump problems... help !!

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone. I’m new here.. I am in New Zealand.
I have been living in my searcher for a year now and havnt had any problems until recently I noticed the red LED on the panel above the door was not coming on when I switch my on board water pump on..
and last night the system stopped pumping water and still no red LED. The caravan is around 2001.
I know it had water pump replaced about 18 months ago.. could this be the issue again?

does the pump control the red LED on the gauge panel above door? Or does this tell me the problem is the switch itself. ?

many help would be greatly appreciate.

thanks heaps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The lack of the red LED suggests the pump is not receiving power. It could be a ruptured fuse on the pump circuit.

Fuses are there to protect the wiring from excess current, so it is possible the pump has developed a fault that has caused the fuse to rupture. Or bearing in mind the age of the caravan, a pump will draw quite a lot of current when it starts, and repeated starts, may have just weakened the fuse over time, and it has just failed with use.

If the pump has been running when the water container has been empty, that will damage the pump in a relatively short time.

But there could be other causes for teh circuit not to work, A broken electrical connection, or the switch itself.

Its very difficult to be more specific without being able to run checks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts