STERLING SOLITAIRE & VENTURA AWNING 2011

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Well after 30 years of caravaning I expected a new £20k plus caravan and awning not to be perfect but really the number and continuing faults which these two products have managed to produce makes one wonder why we bother. In the first 6 months of the caravan life it has had such a string of defects one wonders how Swift can make it pay (presumably by those who accept any standard) as for the Ventura awning, it needs returning to China for a remake.
Give me strength, why should we have to accept such second rate rubbish which needs so much sorting atthe cost in travel and time of the consumer. Sooner the Japenish take over the better, if it had not been for them the car industry would still be rubbish as is still the Mickey Mouse caravan industry. Next time its German !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
As someone who has just ordered a Sterling Elite Emerald, which we pick up on the 21st, we are a bit concerened by your post, what problems have you had with the caravan? We have an Abbey Freestyle special edition from Swift, had it since 2006, and my wife for one would not accept anything that is not 100%, we have not had one problem in all that time, we are only changing it really as we have decided a side dinet, end bathroom suits us better.

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Wayne
What execatly is the problem with your Ventura awning ? It is no good sounding off about a particular product without at least giving some substance to the problems. We have had 3 Ventura awnings over the years and each one has been perfect in every way and live up to the Isabella standard (we also have an Isabella Magnum orch awning so know the quality). Is yours just a one off - Ventura / Isabella have their centre in Buckinghamshire and are there to help, have you contacted them ?
Alan

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
As far as I am aware Ventura awnings are noit made in China however they are one of ghe best awnings on the market. Perhaps the writer has mixed up the names of the awnings!

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
The faults on the Sterling have eceeded 20 mostly small and compoment faults such as the oven not working, the carpets being faulty and stress cracks to the roof line. As I say just small issues as well as faults on trims not being fixed and shower doors not being fit for pupose. The latest being the front locked door being distorted whilst we understand this is also prone to leaking. Look at the battery box and the cable entry where Swift expect a 10mm cable to pass through a 10mm slot (physics sugest differantly)
Overall a nice designed and thought out unit, it is just the poor quality build and components and the lack of PDI quality controls which lets it down at our cost of course.

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Indeed like you many Ventura awnings and this is the first bad one. The front fixed part of the awning is overlarge. With the roof pulled tight the front panel is still flapping with excess material as we have shown Isabella. Our dealer wants us to deal with Isabell but of course he should know better given the "Sale of Goods Act". It just seems a poorly mde unit and may be a one off. We have asked for the awning part to be inspected or replaced, Isablea seem not to want to know. Good job we paid on our credit card as if we cannot resolve the issue thats the route we will take.
Pity really as it is our 3rd Marlin and it is a nice unit
We understand they are now made in China, inspected in Scandinavai and then released for sale !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I agree, your complaint lies with the dealer you bought this from and your dealer should be in discussion with Ventura/Isabella to remedy. In my contact with Isabella they have been very helpful in the past and I suppose it depends on who you speak to - I have a problem with a Cadac barbecue part at the moment and where others had a result with Cadac UK I have got fobbed off by the person who replied to me.
I am unsure what part of the awning you feel is too large and flapping. The front removable panel on the Marlin is one piece, the same as our Magnum, is it this the problem or do you mean the remaining part of the awning, i.e. the roof section ?
By the way the Ventura is not made in China - the following is a press statement from Ventura "The Ventura range is manufactured at Isabella’s factory in Poland in accordance with the same stringent quality requirements as in Denmark. The materials, however, are lighter, there are fewer details and the design is simpler than that of Isabella’s other well-known products. This means the entire range can be sold at prices that are lower than those of the more luxurious awnings."
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Alan

TRENDING THREADS