Sterling water pump problem

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Ours is getting serviced next week so will have a look at the fittings outside when I pick it up .
Thank you Paul.

No worries... I bet its the same if you have this inlet pipe.

A quick look on the Truma website doesn't seem to show this option... hmm.

Edit: Wait... found it. It's called the 'Ultraflow compact housing' for water intake and external shower output.
https://www.thecaravanshop.co.uk/popular-spares/truma-ulraflow-range/ultraflow-compact-housing-white/prod_849.html

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Whilst looking through my paper work today I came across this and I have not got this on mine so I must not be set up for a shower for mine.....

Craig .

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Whilst looking through my paper work today I came across this and I have not got this on mine so I must not be set up for a shower for mine.....

Craig .

It probably wouldn't be hard to add one - drill a hole for the housing and then add a spur to the cold water feed... What could go wrong?! :blink: I only have a PDF instruction manual for the 2018 Swift caravans, this covers all models except BaseCamp, so it has diagrams for caravan features I don't have.

It's just weird/confusing/cheapskate that Swift/Truma use the housing with the shower icon for the water intake.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
It's just weird/confusing/cheapskate that Swift/Truma use the housing with the shower icon for the water intake.

I don't agree. Both the inlet and shower functions have the mechanical needs for a detachable water hose, So why design two separate things that do the same job? it's a perfectly normal thing to do as there are generally cost savings to be made for increased quantity.

What I do agree about is the signage they have used which as this thread proves has caused confusion. Both Truma and the caravan manufacturer could have made better signage to clearly indicate intake and outlet functions.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
CustardAvenger said:

I don't agree. Both the inlet and shower functions have the mechanical needs for a detachable water hose, So why design two separate things that do the same job? it's a perfectly normal thing to do as there are generally cost savings to be made for increased quantity.

What I do agree about is the signage they have used which as this thread proves has caused confusion. Both Truma and the caravan manufacturer could have made better signage to clearly indicate intake and outlet functions.

In my case, it does clearly say water inlet on the cover flap, so no confusion... but we are in agreement over the choice of icon for the actual connector.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts