STOLEN CARAVAN!!

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
Thought that this may be the best place to inform other caravaners of the theft of my van on Friday 15th Sept 2006. It's (was) a Compass Liberte 41/7L. Year 2004. it was stolen from my in-laws farm in Swindon. We thought that it was nice and secure with a hitch lock, SAS 'super clamp' and an alarm.......We thought wrong. What else can you do to prevent these people stealing our pride and joy's?? BEWARE OTHER CARAVANNERS IN THE SWINDON AREA!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So sorry for your loss Gerard. Despite the other post - siting your caravan on a Farm with all the normal anti-theft devices fitted is no different to anyone siting their caravan at home from an insurance point of view.

As long as you have told them all will be OK.

After all, you could have been using the caravan on a farm and it gets stolen!

I hope the insurance company you use treats you well. As for your comment re the Swindon area, we know that those of the "wandering community" were at the Dorset Steam Fair in huge numbers. Not far to the south of you.

The Police raided the site and recovered 8 stolen caravans.

I suspect that these repeat offenders have been severely slapped on the wrist, finned 50p, and let loose to nick your caravan on their way home.

Well they have to live in something don't they whilst they sit around waiting to collect their benefit!

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Wite to your MP, and copy in Hazel Blears at the House of Commons. She has responded to recent concern s raised by other MPs about caravan crime , with effect that she beleives that the polcing repsonse and sentencing is appropriate. If you, like me think it should be a policing priortiy before someone gets more seriously hurt than the lady in Surrey who caught them stealing her van , then do protest! I know from personal experience that these offenders are brazen, oraginsed and leave signifncat distress behind them. We had our second van stolen in broad daylight 25th JUly (Wakefield) We have them on CCTV taking less than 1o mins, caring not who saw them. Cutting off wheel clamp, hitch lock, corner steadies and ground post.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
so very sorry about your caravan, but complaining to the local Mp wil not work the only thing that will, is to get a secruity device that works, and until it happens to you and you know that basically they are crap its too late.

we are getting our new caravan tomorrow after having ours stolen 7 weeks ago, and im getting my hublock today to make sure i will have it before my caravan is here. They are not taking this one.

i can not say this enough, wheelclamps dont work they will burn them off and have your caravan in minutes cctv or not. if i knew about this device before my caravan had been stolen i would have still had it today. however i have learnt the hard way and all i can say is dont let it happen to you. you need to look at this.

www.jsbhublock.co.uk

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave & Bev , had a look at the jsbhublock link and overall its looks like a good devise. My only concern is the locking nuts look very simular to those fitted by Ford and having worked for a dealer for many years know how easy they are to remove if you know how.

Brian

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
the wall on the locking nut device is completely different to the ones fitted by ford, and they have many differnt patterns. the device itself is absolutly secure due to the thickness of the metal which surronds the hub of the caravan, and due to any person trying to burn, saw, grind this off they will have a waste of time trying ot remove it.

anybody who has a caravan stolen or anybody who is wanting to purchuse a secure device, instead of a cheap whell clamp( which they may be covered by insurance but dont work) should invest in one of these. they are worth every penny.

if however you want more proof or info just ring the number on the hublock web site ( www.jsbhublock.co.uk) as he has all the info needed included all the things that they tried to use to get it off ( and failed)

this is the best thing we have bought for our caravan, and we are really please with this product as we are now safe in our minds that our caravan will not be stolen from us again

we are just wanting to let people know of this product so they dont go through what we went through ( after all we didnt think it would happen to us, that this kind of thing only happened to other poeple but it did), and we wouldnt buy it, if it didnt work once in a lifetime is enough for us

Dave

May 20, 2006
Visit site
So sorry for your loss Gerard. Despite the other post - siting your caravan on a Farm with all the normal anti-theft devices fitted is no different to anyone siting their caravan at home from an insurance point of view.

As long as you have told them all will be OK.

After all, you could have been using the caravan on a farm and it gets stolen!

I hope the insurance company you use treats you well. As for your comment re the Swindon area, we know that those of the "wandering community" were at the Dorset Steam Fair in huge numbers. Not far to the south of you.

The Police raided the site and recovered 8 stolen caravans.

I suspect that these repeat offenders have been severely slapped on the wrist, finned 50p, and let loose to nick your caravan on their way home.

Well they have to live in something don't they whilst they sit around waiting to collect their benefit!
I couldnt have said it better myself.

Perhaps the police should follow the trail of dodgy tarmac'd driveways!

May 20, 2006
Visit site
I am gutted to hear of your loss, its almost my worst fear to lose my beautiful van.

Dont expect much from police or mp's, if it does turn out to be a theft from our "traveller friends", these days everything is pretty much racist.

The police at one of cardiffs main traveller communitys are afraid to enter the site, they sit in their squad cars at the gates watching the travellers burn peoples cars and darent go in. i mean how on earth can you respect and have faith in a force that is afraid.

Hopefully its not our "tarmac pouring friends" and it turns up without any sign of damage, i have my fingers crossed for you.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
In addition to my non pc rant i have to comment on the value of CASSOA acredited sites, the traveller site i mention above is a mile from where i store my van, yet (Wentloog Storage) have not to my knowledge ever had a van stolen,

They have the gold award for security, manned gates and dogs, they are a true force to be reckoned with. i park my van with utter confidence there.

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dave & Bev , had a look at the jsbhublock link and overall its looks like a good devise. My only concern is the locking nuts look very simular to those fitted by Ford and having worked for a dealer for many years know how easy they are to remove if you know how.

Brian
Brian (St Albans)

Tell us what you use for security Brian.

Will it resist oxyacetylene?

You will not remove the hub lock with any of your garage equipment.

We are aware of all the removal tools you refer to and I can assure you they will not work on this device.

Why not try one, THEN you will be qualified to give advice.

Phone me on 01924 278338 and I will explain a few things to you.

There are 4000 to 5000 caravans stolen each year and these owners deserve better and more informed advice than they are presently given. I have seen many on these forums who seem pretty desperate after their caravans have been stolen.

Sold Secure have tested the device and awarded it their GOLD AWARD.

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Brian (St Albans)

I dont know if you are visiting the NEC next week, but they will have the JSB HUBLOCK on the Home Office stand No 5038 - 5040.

This will be a good opportunity for you to look at this device, and I hope you will see that you can't remove the locking bolts with your workshop tools.

If your still not convinced please call me on 01924 278338 as I would like to hear your comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts