STOLEN VAN - OXON/WILTS BORDER

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Michael E said:
Ive seen that, it only cost around £8 too, they do a similar one for locking wheel nuts which is what i believe you secure the jsb hub on the axle with?
The trouble is these tools are so cheap and easy to get hold of ,never stop the determined thieves

Re the comments that the jsbhublocks are easily removed. This has been mentioned many times before on this and other forums, but, according to the manufacturer, the design of the jsb prevents these "tools" from working. On several occasions I have seen the company invite sceptics to visit their premises and put their theories on removing the locks to the test. To the best of my knowledge no one has managed it.
Apparently the depth and narrow diameter of the housings for the lock nuts prevent these tools from working.
I would advise anyone interested in a jsbhublock to contact the company direct with any questions, I found them very helpful and willing to take the time to answer all questions.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Heethers said:
Just read someone said you paid £99 for one off payment to Tracker for the life of your van. Sorry but l didn't get that, l was offered by Tracker £99 one off payment for a futher 4 years having got the first year free with the van and that had to be done within 28 days of the purchase.Has any one else had £99 for the life of the van, if so l will be on to Tracker to find out why.
NigelH

Yes, I paid £99.00 for lifetime membership after my first year's "free" subscription on my Senator. As Lord B says this only covers the van as long as I own it, the membership is not transferable to a new owner.
Got a feeling it was myself who mentioned this to LB when he was in the process of buying his Bailey.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rob-T said:
Got a feeling it was myself who mentioned this to LB when he was in the process of buying his Bailey.

Yes it possibly was Rob. Having fewer brain cells which are diminishing at an alarming rate I forgot where I'd read it. Thankfully the cells are still in enough supply to save me a shilling ... heh! heh! heh!

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Rob-T said:

Yes it possibly was Rob. Having fewer brain cells which are diminishing at an alarming rate I forgot where I'd read it. Thankfully the cells are still in enough supply to save me a shilling ... heh! heh! heh!

You have obviously also forgotten that you said you would send me 50% of the cash you saved as a thank you.......
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
Can I just thank everyone who have replied to my post.

I have the Loss Adjuster coming round this week to sort things out.
Whilst it has not been a very nice experience, (this is the only problem I have had in owning a caravan for 21 years) it has been very heartening to know that you can ask for help and advice and it comes back very quickly indeed.

Thank you all once again, your help is very much appreciated.
Regards
Dodger

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Rob-T
I didnt say that the jsb hublock was easy to remove i stated that a wheel lock tool will remove the locking wheel nuts.
The one i saw in use was the same external diameter as the orginal locking wheelnut key so if that fits so will the unlocking key

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Soozeeg, Sue. Was the "Tracker" offered as as Tracker,therefore able to pinpoint it on the move or at rest,or did it have to be found by other means firstly?. I have a reason for asking what at first may appear to be an unnecessary or perhaps even a stupid !! question.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
TheTravellingRooster said:
Hi Soozeeg, Sue. Was the "Tracker" offered as as Tracker,therefore able to pinpoint it on the move or at rest,or did it have to be found by other means firstly?. I have a reason for asking what at first may appear to be an unnecessary or perhaps even a stupid !! question.

The tracker we had was one that tracked the van on the move or at rest, yes. Sorry, but for personal reasons I cannot go into any details on the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts