Stop over coming back from Cornwall

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I travel from the scottish borders down to either Devon, Cornwall or Somerset every year but I use the services as an overnight stop try to leave about 6-7 pm and aim to get as far as the M5 before stopping though, last year I didn't and got caught in morning rush hour on the M6 b***** nightmare husband normally joins me a few days later once all the hard work is done.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Maybe a bit too far from Brum, but there is a CC cl site at Hortham Farm about 1.5 miles off the M5 junc 16 just north of Bristol.

Descibed as - 'The ideal overnight stop to break your journey along the M4/M5 motorways.'

This is about 1 mile before the Almondsbury interchage ( M4 / M5 junction). Thats about 4 hours after leaving a site in Cornwall.

I know the area but not the site. There are a couple of pubs in Almondsbury to refresh the weary traveller who can't be bothered to cook. The Bowl inn at lower Almondsbury is a 'corker'.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I would recommend Tewkesbury Abbey Caravan Club site only a couple of miles from the M5 - its a really nice club site, easy to find if youve not been before and virtually just off the high street in Tewkesbury

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
LMH,

I always use Tewkesbury Abbey Caravan Club site.

Only 1 mile from M5.

A 3 minute walk from the site, back onto the main road, is a Wetherspoons pub/hotel. All very handy for a one night stop.

Another really good eating place is "Great Grandfathers" accross from the Abbey.

Excellent Fish and Chip shop just further up the road from Wetherspoons.

Hamer

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated.

I fancy Tewkesbury Abbey but I've put the depature post code in (Cornwall) and it's telling me this:

Leave the M5 at junction 9, then at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A438 (signposted Tewkesbury) A438 181.34

1.32 Bear right onto the A38 A38 182.67

0.37 At Tewkesbury Roundabout take the 1st exit onto unnamed road (signposted Gloucester A38) unnamed road 183.03

0.12 Turn left onto Gander Lane Gander Lane 183.16

0.15 Arrive at GL20 5PG,Tewkesbury

Which isn't a couple of miles off the M5, (going that way, it's about 30 miles to the Tewkesbury site, after leaving the M5) I guess I have to drive past J9. Any help appreciated.

I can't do maps........

Lisa

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Lisa,

Tewksbury Abbey site is no more than 2 miles from the motorway. Follow the directions in the new club handbook. Do not use satnav or any other directions. The directions in the handbook are easy to follow.For the final part of the journey to any Caravan Club i always use the Club book directions and have never had a problem.

By following the directions in the Club Handbook it really is one of the easiest sites to find.

Good luck.

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts