Stop over on the way to the Lot Region

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

We normally go to St Aygulf (near Frejus) on the French Riviera for our holls and stop over night in Gigny - sur - Soane on the way down & back, but this year we're going to have a change & go to the Lot region, via Michelin says its about a 9hr run, so i'm looking for suggestions for the stop over there & back, approx half way & i'm guessing around the 400 mile mark from Calais.

my favoured route from Calias will be via Rouen, le Mans, Tours etc.

Thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Here's the same reply I posted on another website:

We stayed at www.lesvigeres.com which is fine for an overnight stop, but may be too far south for you. The municipal in Valencay (not quite on your proposed route, approx 550 kilometres from Calais - but a good route to the Lot region - we've done it!!) is a lovely place to stop overnight, too, with excellent sized pitches, a walk into the village, and a lovely chateau to have a look around if you have time.

This is additional: Where are you staying in the Lot? We stayed at Domaine de la Faurie, which we thought really lovely. Smallish site, on a hillside, with a nice pool, good meal in the restaurant, lovely sized pitches, and very 'hands-on' with a great welcome. It's set around a lovely old farm - and the toilet facilities are interestingly housed in one of the old buildings. Flowers, fruit trees and birds everywhere.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Val,

Thanks for that info.

We're staying here:- http://www.campingchateaulacomte.com/

We met Sheila at her stand at the NEC last October, what a lovely lady, so passionate about her site we thought that we'd give it a try.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've met her too - at the NEC a couple of years ago - and were very tempted by the offer to 'come and help out on site'. However, the timing was wrong, so we never did make it. Have a lovely time. Carlucet is very near to where we were - so check out Domaine de la Faurie if you're passing!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we stayed there a few years ago. I'ts a lovely site with a great restaurant.On the way down we stayed at a municipal site in Orleans, can't remember name. We've also stayed at the municipal at Beaumont sur Sarthe on our way to the SW part of France. These are about the right distance for a day's drive from Calais.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
The Lot region is one of our favourite areas of France. Most of our journeys there have been from Ouistreham (C ) or Le Havre. When we have gone via Calais our first night stop would either be:-

(a) the municipal site at Nonancourt (N of Evreux). It is in the pleasant village of St Remy sur Avre. 193 miles from Calais and makes a good overnight stop or

(b) Chartres, France The municipal site Camping Les Bords de l'Eure is located just south of the city centre and is easily found.

Being lazy, the next stop would be Limoges- the municipal site (www.campinglimoges.fr)was a very pleasant surprise and must rank as one of the best municipal sites we have ever been on.

See www.kdmercer.co.uk for further details.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts