Stopping in Germany

Sep 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we have traveled to the South of France stopping overnight in Aires, this year we are going to Austria does anybody know if the service areas in Germany allow overnight stops

Regards Andy

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
I have slept at quite a few rastplatz in the past, just get their early and find a spot were the trucks will not be able to park if you get their to late be prepared for a lot of noise ,the trucks will park in the smallest of gaps!!.At rastplatz's on the autobahn I was never charged for overnighting,However some autohof/truckstop do charge for overnight stops.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We go to Germany every year and then onto Austria. We came back yesterday and always make 4 stops on the way down to Soutern Austria only 3 would be needed if stopping in Northern West Austria Salzburg area. Our stopping places are Oberweiss nr Bitburg, The Black Forest, Innsbruck and Bertchesgaden. This year we stopped at 3 sites 3 or 4 nights as we had friends who wanted to see the areas not having been before. As they had been to Innsbruck we stopped just one night. Though our first journey is 270 miles we always aim to do not more than 200 miles a day with 2 or 3 stops for Loo, Food and walkabout.

If I can be of any more help specific ACSI sites contact me.

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
We go to Germany every year and then onto Austria. We came back yesterday and always make 4 stops on the way down to Soutern Austria only 3 would be needed if stopping in Northern West Austria Salzburg area. Our stopping places are Oberweiss nr Bitburg, The Black Forest, Innsbruck and Bertchesgaden. This year we stopped at 3 sites 3 or 4 nights as we had friends who wanted to see the areas not having been before. As they had been to Innsbruck we stopped just one night. Though our first journey is 270 miles we always aim to do not more than 200 miles a day with 2 or 3 stops for Loo, Food and walkabout.

If I can be of any more help specific ACSI sites contact me.
Hi Dianne,

I see you travel to Germany.

Can I ask which ferry and then route do you use.

Im arriving in Dunkerque at 8.am, then trying to get over to Neustadt Weinstrasse. I think you answered a point of mine on a similiar topic last year but i cant find your answer.

I could supply my own email address if the mod will allow as I would be grateful for any advice for a first timer abroad!

Thanks

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts