Storing on a friends farm.

We are storing our new caravan on a friends farm in the open air near our Tuanton home, do we need to take any special insurance as it is stored on business premises as a favour. No charge will be made.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Warrior 4

I was ringing around recently for insurance quortes on a new van. I said that we may be keeping the van on a farm, thir reply was they would not cover it on a working farm due to it be open to anyone. Sorry I am not able to tell you which company it was but I rang quite a few at the time.

We have been insured with Carvanguard for several years and found them excellent when we had an attempted break-in, damaging one window and the door. I think we will stick with them. They are going to be changing their underwriters soon so not sure what they will and will not cover in the future.

Also remember to tell your insurance company if you leave your caravan unattended on the site for a week while you return home to go back to the site the following week. It may be not be covered otherwise.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
I have stored my caravan on my uncles farm for years. The insurance company just needed to know where the van was being stored and that I had certain security devices fitted.

It was broken into many years ago and the insurance payed out with no problems.

Beware though, we got mice into the van once and they chewed some of the cushions and curtains - probably one of the downsides of storing a van on a farm. Again the insurance company paid for all the upholstery and curtains to be eplaced.

Thank you Graeme. The van will be stored in a secure vehicle storage compound for horse box's. The farm has CCTV security as it has valuable horses and livestock. So I hope we will be OK.

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
If you are going to store your caravan on a friends farm, I suggest you look at(www.jsbhublock.co.uk).

You do need to be sure about your insurance cover, but we also suggest you fit an effective security device, capable of withstanding oxyacetylene cutting gear.

Professional thieves check out security before they attempt to steal a caravan and will always go for the easier target.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
I have stored my caravan on my uncles farm for years. The insurance company just needed to know where the van was being stored and that I had certain security devices fitted.

It was broken into many years ago and the insurance payed out with no problems.

Beware though, we got mice into the van once and they chewed some of the cushions and curtains - probably one of the downsides of storing a van on a farm. Again the insurance company paid for all the upholstery and curtains to be eplaced.
Hi

Would you be able to name the insurer - we are going to be in a similar situation.

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts