Stowford farm meadows Devon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi has anyone been to this site, I booked it for easter as the brochure made it look very inviting! However other half has seen the route and the area and really not looking forward to it. is it really as bad as it looks ?

catherine

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
The route is fine.

Unlike the huge majority on here, I hated the site and would stay at home rather than go there again.

Each to his own...

I hope you disagree and have a lovely holiday, though.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
we went a few years ago when we had a tent. Havent been with the van. The site back then was big, but the loos/showers were immaculate. They have made the site even bigger now, it looks nice but for us I think its too big !

I think it looks good for families as you have the crazy golf and the pool and pets corner etc and your near the beach too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.I think the route is full of narrow twisting roads and O.H. was worried about taking wrong turns which the brochure says you definately don't want to do.Hopefully the site will be worth it.

catherine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Catherine

Don't worry the roads are nowhere near as bad as you think, the only bit that is slightly narrow is the road from Barnstaple to the site, but we had no problems with TA. Of more concern should be the sloping pitches, if you get one that really slopes you will have to work hard to get your caravan level, otherwise site is good, they use to have a very good 'happy hour' in the bar.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keith's an expert driver and professional needle threader, Catherine so any road is easy for him. The roads can be tight and twisty and you don't want to take a wrong turn, having said that the place seems to be surviving so there must be a demand, despite the route. Talk to the site for best directions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I believe the PC magazine use this site each year for a meet for its readers. I attended the meet once but found that as a late arrival we were pitched on a sloping site and a fair walk to the toilets, shops, etc. As far as the site is concerned it appeared very clean and had marvellous views in all directions. Cannot remeber what the local roads were like so it would seem that, as it had not stuck in my mind, access was OK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well its to late now anyway.have booked it otherhalf is still moaning. I figured if he can tow round Lake Garda, Devon should be no problem!However as I don't do the towing that could be a bit harsh! this could be the last time I get to choose a site from a brochure. by the way we have booked a hard standing so hopefully it wont be to sloppy.

Catherine

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
im in Devon. Dont worry the roads arent that bad down here!

We do have some roads with grass growing up the middle, but you really do have to go off the beaten track for those. I would recall if the roads were that bad to Stowford Meadows, and I dont think they were, the site is out of coombe Martin just off a quiet main road, so you'll be fine.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
im in Devon. Dont worry the roads arent that bad down here!

We do have some roads with grass growing up the middle, but you really do have to go off the beaten track for those. I would recall if the roads were that bad to Stowford Meadows, and I dont think they were, the site is out of coombe Martin just off a quiet main road, so you'll be fine.
Thank you will make sure he reads this comment before go.By the way do you know of any CLs in Devon. Lucky lady to live in Devon!

Catherine

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.I think the route is full of narrow twisting roads and O.H. was worried about taking wrong turns which the brochure says you definately don't want to do.Hopefully the site will be worth it.

catherine
How was it, Darren ( stowford farm meadows)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts