Strange part fell off inside front Swift locker

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Part was at the bottom centre and as it accidentally pushed it while placing in the hose, it fell off. Seems a bit of a bosh job to stick it on in the first place

Does everyone’s else’s locker have this, does yours looks the same at the back (like hard putty), and what is it used for?

IMG_3356.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpeg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks like an epoxy putty but the grey overspill is strange as you wouldn’t normally expect overspill. Might be caravan sealant/adhesive poorly applied. the scratch marks in the beige surround seem to indicate something has created them with force. . No idea what it was intended for but the method of fixing is suspect in relation to its durability and functionality. If it left the factory like that whoever is responsible for signing off that area of the caravan needs a good talking to. Conversely the dealers PDI is questionable.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Is it in the area where the locker catches engage behind the panel? Mine has two catches at each end and they actually engage on the fibreglass itself which is daft as it could wear the surface away over time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our 2019 Swift has a central locking handle that connects to 2 rods that then move when the handle is turned, and 'lock' either end . nothing in the middle, as in the picture, was this a new caravan or new to you, IMO somebody has added the putty and plate at some time but can't understand why

Reactions: Challenger
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
It’s a 2023 brand new from the dealer in Oct of last year.

Going to ask about it when we are back at the dealership having snags fixed

It’s at the bottom centre when you open the front locker, no idea what it’s used for, could be to stop the locker door pushing right back into the locker?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Given the scrapes on the fibreglass surround and on the steel plate itself we might assume it is a central guide for part of the lock mechanism - but certainly the epoxy has been clumsily and ineffectively applied! If there is a similar van on the forecourt ask to view that to see if yours is a one/off then get the dealer to solve it!

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Given the scrapes on the fibreglass surround and on the steel plate itself we might assume it is a central guide for part of the lock mechanism - but certainly the epoxy has been clumsily and ineffectively applied! If there is a similar van on the forecourt ask to view that to see if yours is a one/off then get the dealer to solve it!
Good idea, will check it out when we are there

May 29, 2024
Visit site
Our 2024 challenger is 10 week old and the same has happened to ours! Bad design - needs a recall. I would suggest a larger plate and riveting in

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our 2024 challenger is 10 week old and the same has happened to ours! Bad design - needs a recall. I would suggest a larger plate and riveting in
It may be bad design, but I doubt it compromises the safety of users or the mechanical integrity of the caravan, so it is not recall worthy. More likely a technical action on service instruction for dealers to look out for and correct at a service.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Dealership has agreed it should have been delivered from factory like that

As mentioned earlier, the plate needs riveting or screwed in

Getting fixed when it goes in next month :)

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
I'll just resurrect this thread to say that I used a thin smear of Araldite to reattach the plate to my 'van and it's stayed in place through this past weekend's use. The wear marks on the plate suggest it prevents the central part of the lock mechanism from contacting the plastic front of the caravan.

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS