Straw Poll.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
ok, so lets throw this in then shall I ?!

When your children grow up, and say perhaps a child of yours is gay (of course you would all accept it as you have friends and family who are gay).....

If they wanted to adpot a child and make you a grandparent - what would you do??

-----------------

I know this is a site of opinions, but I cant believe some of the hurtful replies im reading on this thread, now I know why I dont post on here so much anymore :-(
A definite NO.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Robert.

Sorry but I seem to be having dificulties with my own language.

You say that Brighton has a large gay scene and there are SOME SIGHTS. But also those or you who are NON SCENE are normal.

First question please define the word NORMAL.

Second question. Is it that you are sugesting that the NON SCENE gays are suitable as adopting parents but not the Other type, and if so how is a 'normal normal' person at an interview going to tell the difference.

ttfn

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We have a governement who is meant to represent the majority view, the issue is about what probably the vast majority of people believe to be a very wrong decision of not letting the churches do what many agree with Robert.

It's the same old weak Gay response about someone elses sexuality as soon as any one dares to question the PC stance that they cry attention for.

If straight ( gays of course got upset when they were termed bent) people or what ever you like to call us heterosexuals dare to question your sexuality re needs and re having children that is not possible the way you were made then you turn and spit the dummy and accuse us of being just like you but hiding something.

This just displays why for many gays are unsuitable parental material and do not help your own cause.

As for my children Chelsea I would be very strongly against them adopting children if they were gay. If they were meant to have children they would be born heterosexual.

I have had my children and have no longing for grandchildren, if they come along that'll be fine but my three kids have no interest in having kids anyway so far.

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
ok, so lets throw this in then shall I ?!

When your children grow up, and say perhaps a child of yours is gay (of course you would all accept it as you have friends and family who are gay).....

If they wanted to adpot a child and make you a grandparent - what would you do??

-----------------

I know this is a site of opinions, but I cant believe some of the hurtful replies im reading on this thread, now I know why I dont post on here so much anymore :-(
As I understand it between them THEY CANT MAKE ANYTHING.

TTFN

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Robert.

Sorry but I seem to be having dificulties with my own language.

You say that Brighton has a large gay scene and there are SOME SIGHTS. But also those or you who are NON SCENE are normal.

First question please define the word NORMAL.

Second question. Is it that you are sugesting that the NON SCENE gays are suitable as adopting parents but not the Other type, and if so how is a 'normal normal' person at an interview going to tell the difference.

ttfn
don't twist my words, you know exactly what I mean

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
The governmetn are wrong if they tell the RC that they must allow gay (men or women) to adopt.

The RC is right in their religion and belief cohabitation of the same sex it is a sin and therefor the adoption to the said people is not allowed.

How can our government tell the RC what they must do even if it is against their religion.

They don't tell any other religion, they back down in the sight of racism and being offensive and discrimating against them.

Yes, The RC is right to stand on their beliefs and yes, I agree with them.

The problem with the same sex rearing children is as the RC says, the couple are in sin, and they cannot put a child into a sinful relationship.....

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The governmetn are wrong if they tell the RC that they must allow gay (men or women) to adopt.

The RC is right in their religion and belief cohabitation of the same sex it is a sin and therefor the adoption to the said people is not allowed.

How can our government tell the RC what they must do even if it is against their religion.

They don't tell any other religion, they back down in the sight of racism and being offensive and discrimating against them.

Yes, The RC is right to stand on their beliefs and yes, I agree with them.

The problem with the same sex rearing children is as the RC says, the couple are in sin, and they cannot put a child into a sinful relationship.....
I'm not prepared to debate whether it is sinful or not smiley, afterall they are consenting adults and as long as they don't bother other people it shouldn't really be a concern to us. This debate though is different, it concerns people who cannot speak up for themselves.;O)

I can understand where you are coming from with your religeous convictions though.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Robert you are so way off mark. Forget about gays usual diaverbage, that if nobody agrees with them they are homophobic. This is foremost about children and how they should be brought up in their developing years when they are at their most vulnerable. I said earlier that it isn't natural and you asked what right I had to say what was natural or not. It did not seem to sink in Robert, it is not natural because simply gays or lesbians cannot have children naturally - hence it's not natural. Do you understand so far? I am not homophobic, as I believe, neither is cris. It is simply that we and the majority of people think it is right to put the childs interests first and not some selfish minority. Children are human beings, not some must have fashion accessory or a family pet.

BeemerMal summed up your response admirably, if anyone disagrees with what gays say they become heterophobic. They start stamping their feet, demonstrating and calling us all homophobic.

Robert, do as you will, it is your life and I wish you and your partner well, you are both adults and what you do is of no concern of anyone else but please don't decry those who have the welfare of the most vulnerable members of society at heart, parentless children.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
By the way I'm not RC, my dad was though.

But if were my children NO, I would not not want them brought up by gays, I think it is an unatural unit.

Jan 21, 2007
Visit site
Lord B your definition of what is and what is not natural seems rather blurred

"it is not natural because simply gays or lesbians cannot have children naturally"

So does this mean that infertile couples who cannot have children naturally are unfit to bring up children?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

This is a really hard thread , I have to say though as we are discussing the rules which the RC like to abide by, it is a case of " do as I say not as I do ". My mum left home when i was 11 to live with a "DEVOUT" RC. They lived (according to RC "in sin") for 7 years, my mum then decided for her third wedding she wanted it in the local RC church,to do this she had to have her two previous marriages annulled, thus making me "illegitimate" !I never forget my dad's face when he knocked on the door and asked him.It should never have been allowed if the RC is as faithful to its rules and religion as it likes to spout.

If my children were despereate and unhappy,and someone offered them a good education, warm loving environment, discipline, food warmth,love and a fun childish life while they are young then for ME the best parent wins, wether straight , gay or whatever. I dont have sexual relations with my partner in front of my children so to assume gays would is silly. In this world of diversity as long as you are open honest and informant to the child they are far more acceptable decent adults as a result. I have to say if your gonna make rules STAND BY THEM in ALL aspects,not just the ones you like.

AWAITING A GOOD TICKING OFF (0:

Tina x

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Your posturing re bullying is a yet another stereotypical response Robert.

The original basics for the thread have been somewhat distorted by your responses, as the husband of a teaching professional with over thirty years experience the question came about re the Question Time program and her work and was not posed to start an open debate to attack the gay community.

You question my stability re my sexuality, yet I bet you would be well upset and scream blue murder if we suggested that you or your partners desire (if you had it) to have children was driven by a latent tendency for heterosexuality.

You know! Nudge nudge wink wink, Robert fancies the odd women so he can make babies or something as silly as that.

The only bullying here is the minority bullying by you Robert and the gay community.

The problem is some in this country are so hell bent on power they play the PC card and have the majority bend to the whining minorities.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

This is a really hard thread , I have to say though as we are discussing the rules which the RC like to abide by, it is a case of " do as I say not as I do ". My mum left home when i was 11 to live with a "DEVOUT" RC. They lived (according to RC "in sin") for 7 years, my mum then decided for her third wedding she wanted it in the local RC church,to do this she had to have her two previous marriages annulled, thus making me "illegitimate" !I never forget my dad's face when he knocked on the door and asked him.It should never have been allowed if the RC is as faithful to its rules and religion as it likes to spout.

If my children were despereate and unhappy,and someone offered them a good education, warm loving environment, discipline, food warmth,love and a fun childish life while they are young then for ME the best parent wins, wether straight , gay or whatever. I dont have sexual relations with my partner in front of my children so to assume gays would is silly. In this world of diversity as long as you are open honest and informant to the child they are far more acceptable decent adults as a result. I have to say if your gonna make rules STAND BY THEM in ALL aspects,not just the ones you like.

Tina x
P.s Mnay a deisturbed miserable child brought up in an RC care home, they are not "safe" even then.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site

"it is not natural because simply gays or lesbians cannot have children naturally"

So does this mean that infertile couples who cannot have children naturally are unfit to bring up children?
Re your question to Lord B Robert.

Are you suggesting that you or or you partner have a genetic problem that stops you from having children!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

Below the belt.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I like this thread and reading the comments, its been a long time since there has been a debate. What ever the subject its nice to know what people think as there is always someone who has a good point of view which, I for one may not think of.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site

His own fault! If his is legitimate fair question to Lord B so is mine!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Tina x
Why a ticking off Tina, you are fully entitled to your views even if they are in the minority ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Isn't it strange smiley, you are saying you like the thread and a good debate whilst chelsea is saying from this debate she can see why she doesn't post much anymore. It takes all kinds I suppose :O) I have to agree with you though smiley, just think of the field day the politically correct lefties would have over us all if there were no voice of opposition. They get away with far too much as it is. How much longer has Blair and his leftist cronies got in office??

Heres some good links .....

http://www.politicallyincorrect.me.uk/
http://www.capc.co.uk/

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Tina x
Only on this forum ,It seems to be going down the Religious route and off from the original question ,and people get a bit "twitchy" mentioning religion, as an "illigitimate" child I feel I have been given the right to speak !! lol

Hope you are well anyway, missing them 12 hr nights ?????

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Going back to the original question and attacking the isue from a slightly different angle.

As a parent there are only 2 people that I wish to bring up my children and that is us.

In the event of a tragedy my next preference would be close family and that might include my gay brother in law.

After that I would want them to be bought up by the closest thing to their parents now, which is christian background, both sexes and an ability to provide for the kids through to adulthood both in terms of money and time.

If that makes me anti-gay than I am also anti-Islam, anti semitic, anti-poor, anti- loads of things and I am none of these.

The question was

"would you be truly happy for the kids to be adopted by

a gay couple"

The answer is still NO, but I do not really want my kids adopted by anyone.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sometimes it appears that more attention is given to placing dogs and cats in suitable homes than precious and vulnerable children. And most social workers appear to be about 22, straight out of uni and full of theory but without experience.

If someone wants to be gay then fine. But that lifestyle choice prevents them from having children - unless they use a surrogate. I honestly don't think that deliberately placing children with gay parents can be a good thing. It might enrich a life occasionally, but it is an accepted fact that children are more likely to thrive in a household that doesn't stand out as "different" or "unusual", and has two parents - at least one with a job. Peer pressure is very complex.

If a couple cannot naturally have children, then that is an entirely different thing, and not to be confused with two gay people who lack one of the vital ingredients.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Very true cris.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have kept out of this one because.

1 I don't know any gays (except maybe the wife).

2 I don't do church.

3 Our kids have flown the nest, and that sometimes it's the parents/carers that suffer with mismatched kids.

Now can we get back to something that effects me like the 4x4/dog/windbreak/alcoholic/size of my outfit topics that we all know and love?

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
cris you have certainly got the bit between your teeth with your anti gay crusade, maybe you should take your argument to one of the gay chat forums and see what kind of response you get.

Brighton has got a large gay scene and yes there are some sights to be seen there but for those of us who are "non scene" you will find we are quite normal.

In my experience homophobic people like you are the ones who are the most insecure about their own sexuality,so maybe you should take another look at yourself cris
Robert....Why do you call hetrosexuals, who have opinions that oppose yours, "Homophobic"?

Surely the same must applies in reverse and as a homosexual male your comments clearly show you are "Hetrophobic"!

TRENDING THREADS