Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone else run about like a daft thing , doing things like cutting grass,weeding the garden, cleaning the house , shopping, sevicing the car , packing , etc the week before your main holiday or is it JUST ME that's nuts.

mo

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Mo

I go mad the last couple of days before we go away not to mention getting up at 3am to finish any last bits of washing which I then dry and iron even though we are not leaving until my son finishes his shift at 10am

We leave the other one at home but couldnt possibly go away without the house being spotless,every job done twice and the supermarket emptied for him just in case

Know just how you feel

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
no its not just you!

We have been going away every weekend since beginning of May (we are new to vanning and are using our van lots).

I always like to leave with a spotless house (so I dont return to a dirty one),...make sure all my washing is done before I go, grass cut, all the clothes are packed on the Monday before the Friday we go and grocery shopping is delivered the Thursday night (we grocery shop online), dog brushed and groomed. Caravan cleaned inside and washed and polished outside on the Thursday night before we go.

After all that im ready for a break and we start all over again the following week!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WOW I am so glad it's not only me that does all of those things, i was beginning to think i was a bit obsessed. I have to make sure everything is spotless before i go away, i have enough to when we return without cutting grass, changing beds etc

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
its never-ending isnt it Gill, we bought a caravan to get away and be more relaxed but find myself writing lists of "what to do" before we go, also we are away so much now that a lot of the chores that need doing at home seem to pile up -(allotment/DIY/tidying garage) etc get left to the wayside and then they will be added to another list to be done!

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
its never-ending isnt it Gill, we bought a caravan to get away and be more relaxed but find myself writing lists of "what to do" before we go, also we are away so much now that a lot of the chores that need doing at home seem to pile up -(allotment/DIY/tidying garage) etc get left to the wayside and then they will be added to another list to be done!
i've never seen you cutting grass

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I am the same, change the beds, cleaning the bathroom and the Loo, are the last jobs on the morning we leave, it must be a woman thing LOL.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
no! but I have to list that down as a job to remind you to do...as you have no memory!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts